Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have to show a 7% increase every year. For example C4 is

Customer Question

I have to show a 7% increase every year. For example C4 is =B4*1.07 or C4 =product of (c3,1.07). This requires me to go cell by cell entering this type of formula. Is there a way to make a formula that any cell = the product of the previous cell * 1.07? That way I could enter the same formula in each cell vice typing a new formula in every cell.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello David! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Microsoft Office / Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can chat with you and help you directly?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2010

Please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect sharing program to run, so I can chat with you and show you how to directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=a2ca1524-1118-4a94-94c8-1e7b9d91bf8d

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not comfortable allowing someone remote access to my computer.

With screen sharing session, you would see everything I can do on the screen, and you can stop any time using your mouse.

If not, have you tried this: enter a value in B1 , then set the value in C1 "=B1*1.07"
, then right-click on C1 cell, then click on Copy
, then right-click on the column C (this would highlight the whole column and pop up a menu), then click on Paste
, now enter values in column B as needed, and the value should automatically calculate in column C
, then does that work?

If that does not work, please see more methods at the website below:

http://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/867-excel-apply-formula-to-entire-column-row.html

Edit: It looks like you've gone away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Don't worry, we work in any way you'd like to. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me any time, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.