Kenny Ross
Kenny Ross, Certified IT Professional
Experience:  CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Certified Professional

Outlook 2007 - not receiving emails but can send them. Ive

Customer Question

Outlook 2007 - not receiving emails but can send them. I've been through a couple threads - might need to reinstall? possibly a corrupted pst?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.

Kenny Ross :

Good evening,

Customer :

hello

Kenny Ross :

My name is Kenneth, I suggest you check your outgoing mail server settings to verify they match with your email provider. Do you know who your email provider is? Google, Yahoo, etc?

Customer :

we host our own webserver, other people here are having email come and go just fine. mine is the only one not working

Customer :

mail server = mail.paradymeproductions.com

Customer :

my email that is not receiving = XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Kenny Ross :

Try going to Tools>account settings>Choose an account> verify that your using POP# or IMAP with your email provider, and your SMTP server should match your email provider's servers, and most likely it will require SPA.

Customer :

server appears to be configured correctly. where do I choose pop or Imap?

Kenny Ross :

You may also want to go to more settings>outgoing server tab> and check the box that says "My outgoing server requires auth. As well as going to the advanced tab of this section, and verify that your port 25 or most likely port 587.

Kenny Ross :

Please follow the steps above first, and we will try testing your account.

Customer :

where do I find "more settings"?

Kenny Ross :

After you choose an account to configure in Account settings.

Kenny Ross :

To be more clear, when you go to the advanced tab, your SMTP (outgoing mail server), should be sett to either port 25 or 587 since your using your own mail server.

Customer :

from there, I do not have an outgoing server tab, just General, Advanced, Security, Connection, and Remote Mail tabs.

Kenny Ross :

Please go to the advanced tab.

Customer :

outgoing mail works just fine, it is the incoming mail to just my account that does not work. Other mail users on our server it works just fine.

Customer :

I'm at the advanced tab

Customer :

I'm usig Exchange Server too

Kenny Ross :

Ok great, on the advanced tab, is your incoming mail server set to port 110?

Customer :

It doesn't show anything like that. It has a blank box asking me which additional mailboxes it should check, and then has check boxes for cached mode, and a button for offline folder file settings

Kenny Ross :

Please verify that your using Outlook 2007, by going to the Help>About MS Outlook. This is where our confusion may come from, I'm sorry.

Customer :

yes, outlook 2007

Customer :

I logged into the server and am looking in the exchange management console, I can find some of that info here it seems

Kenny Ross :

When you originally setup your account, did you use the exchange option to manually configure your email?

Customer :

yes

Kenny Ross :

Did you also add your email account from the control panel?

Customer :

I don't recall. I think so. It has been working great for several years. Have run into quota problems before but this is different. From what I've read it may be a corrupted pst file.

Kenny Ross :

Could you please verify the operating system your using? MS XP, Vista, or 7?

Customer :

On this workstation and most of the one's I use, Windows 7 Pro. I also have an XP machine on the network. The server is running Windows 7 pro

Kenny Ross :

I believe can figure this out by starting from the beginning.

Kenny Ross :

Great, please open the control panel>change your view to small icons> and select mail

Customer :

on my local workstation or on the server

Kenny Ross :

Local work station, if other users are able to send and recieve we know this is a local machine issue.

Customer :

I have logged into several different machines here as well as my phone and iPad and it's the same issue, so I think it's the server or pst file, not the local machine

Customer :

I'm in the local machine control panel, mail set-up

Kenny Ross :

Choose the exchange setting

Customer :

ok

Kenny Ross :

The user name, should be the full email adresss, ansd as we know the server should be mail.paradymeproductions.com

Customer :

The user name is set-up to be my full name "Jake Johnson" and the server is server.paradyme.local, because we have a domain set-up.

Customer :

Once I click on "more settings, it shows my full email address XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Kenny Ross :

Does it connect after clicking next, without any errors?

Customer :

yes

Kenny Ross :

Great, one moment

Customer :

Outllok sees the server and like I mentioned before, send email just fine. It just doesn't receive it anymore for my account

Kenny Ross :

The server is 2007 correct?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

I need to go.

Kenny Ross :

No problem,
I'm sorry I couldn't assist you and I wish you look at getting this issue resolved.

Kenny Ross :

I was able to find this video, that might be helpful for you:

Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you still need help please
Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
Here is another tutorial, that I think you should follow and post your results:
http://www.petri.co.il/configuring-exchange-2007-send-external-email.htm
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m Rachel, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Rachel