Joshua C.
Joshua C., PC Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.
18519760

This problem pertains to Excel.

Customer Question

This problem pertains to Excel.

I hope I'm able to explain this well enough. 

I work for a not for profit in their special events department. I have an excel document with 5 pages (2013,2012,2011,2010,2009), each page contains about 1200 names with various information about each person. It might be noteworthy that all of the pages have the exact same organization across all pages, so A1 will always be first name and A3 will always be Total $ raised etc etc. 

I will be adding 4 columns to my 2013 sheet that say Total $ raised in 2012 then 2011 etc etc. I'm looking for a way to tell excel this.

For the 2012 column
If (first name) and (Last name) match in page 2012 then insert the value in cell (total $ raised)

this would be the same for other pages.

My problem is making excel look at the entire workbook for the name match and not just the same cell that the name is XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Joshua C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.com my name is Josh and I am going to assist you today.

Would it be possible for you to upload the excel file you are working with to http://wikisend.com ? I could download the file, review the data and update the file with a solution.

To use wikisend just go to http://wikisend.com, click choose file, select the file to upload and then click upload. Once the file is uploaded copy the download link that is provided and paste it here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry Joshua, because of HIPAA regulations I can't upload the file to you. What I can do is make up a dummy file and upload that though that will take a little time.

Expert:  Joshua C. replied 3 years ago.
Kirk I completely understand take your time creating a dummy file and when you upload and share the download link I will review it and get a solution created.
Expert:  Joshua C. replied 3 years ago.
Kirk,

I am just checking in to see if you were able to create a dummy file for me to work with or if you were able to determine a solution on your own.