Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience:  Years of experience.

I lost my excel 2010 header, ribbon, etc. I think it happened

I lost my excel 2010 header, ribbon, etc. I think it happened when I hit F11, thinking it would give me full screen. Not sure if that's the issue, but I've googled and tried many things. Do you know what the issue might be?
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
On the far right hand side of where the ribbon should be there should be a button to toggle the ribbon (next to the question mark).

The button should look similar to a small triangle pointing up.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't even have the q mark. No "file, home, insert..." no ribbon. But problem solved...I just quit out and relaunched and all looks good. I would be curious if you know the issue, but OK now. thx

Yes when you go into full screen mode by default the ribbon gets hidden.
The button I mentioned un-hides it.

Now that you can see the ribbon you should be able to see it again.
Another option would have been to press alt which will should you the file etc menu's.

Then from there choose the view tab.
There should be an option there to show the ribbon.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.

If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.