Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

I can not send or eceive emails comes up with unknown error

I can not send or eceive emails comes up with unknown error ox80040600
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

jessmagz :

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am glad to assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready for chat.

Customer:

Hello Jess my name is XXXXX XXXXX i can chat now

jessmagz :

Thank you Stephen for joining chat. Are you using MS Outlook 2007 or 2010 to send receive emails?

Customer:

MS outlook 2007

jessmagz :

Thank you for that information. Have you tried to access your email using a web browser instead of Outlook to test if the email account is having no problem?

Customer:

Yes I have and I am able to receive and send emails on the web browser

jessmagz :

Alright, thank you for that confirmation. Is it showing something like "unknown error 0x80040600" ?

Customer:

Yes correct

jessmagz :

Alright. First, the very cause of the problem is a corruption of your personal folders or PST where all data of your Outlook are stored. Do you have a lot of data in your Outlook already like 10 years or more of data?

Customer:

Yes I have

jessmagz :

Oh okay. So this is really causing some problems specially if the PST file gets bloated.... Are you using Windows XP, Vista or 7?

jessmagz :

Are you still there?

Customer:

I think its Windows XP

jessmagz :

Ok. First, you need to set your XP to show hidden files and folders. Do you know how to do that?

jessmagz :

The reason for this is because we might be accessing hidden folders and files so you need to allow XP to shows hidden files and folders

Customer:

No I dont

jessmagz :

Ok. First, please bookmark this page or Add to your Favorites so that you can get back to me any time.. tell me when you have bookmarked or added this page to your Favorites

jessmagz :

How is it going?

Customer:

I will wait till my wife come home and she will help me on this as not sure how to book mark I will come back to you in about a hours time if this is okay

jessmagz :

Yeah, no problem.... Do you want me to access your computer remotely?

jessmagz :

You will just watch me as I work on your computer....

Customer:

Yes okay

jessmagz :

Thank you. However, you need to do something from your end. It is described in this link: http://tinyurl.com/lb8k5vw

jessmagz :

I hope you can follow the procedures in that link. Then give me your 9 digit code so that I can connect to you

jessmagz :

How is it going?

jessmagz :

Were you able to follow the steps in the link I gave you?

Customer:

I have downloade the link where do I find the 9 digit code?

jessmagz :

Please follow the procedures in the link. Download the tool, run it then you shall get the code when you click on Share. I believe there are screen shots there procedures... Please give it another try.

Customer:

I followed your instructions and it is saying that I have already installed inboxace but I don't share or I have not recieved 9 digit code

jessmagz :

Have you seen the screen shots in the link that I gave you? The tool is called join.me and the screen shots there can help you locate the code. I don't know inboxace, you might have downloaded a wrong tool. Please check the procedures in the link I gave you

Customer:

ok the 9 digit code is 586 943 830

jessmagz :

Thank you. Please hold on...

jessmagz :

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office12\

Customer:

open

jessmagz :

Thank you for your patience....

jessmagz :

The core of the problem is a corrupted PST file. Since your PST file is bloated, or containing huge amount of data, it is prone to being corrupted. The SCANPST tool will be used to repair the PST file.

Customer:

thank you , you

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years