Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

I have two tables in access. One has ticket information and

Customer Question

I have two tables in access. One has ticket information and the other has ticket scanning information. When I create a form to enter information on the ticket scanning table I need it to compare the scanned item and then populate another field in the ticket scanning table
with ticket valid if the number matches or invalid if it does not match a number in the ticket table.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

ehabtutor :

Hi

ehabtutor :

welcome to just answer. it would be my pleasure to help you

ehabtutor :

can you send me the access file so i can take a look

ehabtutor :

to do so please use http://www.4shared.com/ to upload the file and then you will be given a download link

ehabtutor :

paste it here so i can get the file

ehabtutor :

ok got it. i will check it and get back to you

Customer :

trying to create a form for a ticket to be scanned at a gate. If the barcode scanned matches a number in the ticket table I wan the form to auto populate another field in the form that says valid ticket if it does not match I want the field to be populated with invalid ticket.

ehabtutor :

ok working on it now

ehabtutor :

i will finish it and send the file back to you

Customer :

Thank you. Is there any way to compare the scanned ticket numbers and if there is a duplicate number to list that in the form filed?

ehabtutor :

i didn't get this last part

ehabtutor :

the table that holds the ticket information should have only one unique record for a ticket

ehabtutor :

how can there be a duplicate

Customer :

if there is a fake ticket presented with a copied barcode.

ehabtutor :

so you say that each ticket scanned would be with a unique barcode right?

Customer :

we would have two scenarios of fake tickets. One would have a completely inaccurate barcode and the second would have a copied barcode from a real ticket.

ehabtutor :

so there never should be a duplicate barcode in the database, right?

Customer :

Yes that is correct

ehabtutor :

I think one of the solutions would be to have a field in the original ticket table to mark the ticket as previously scanned

ehabtutor :

and every time a new ticket is scanned we should check the ticket record and wether it has been scanned before or not

Customer :

That would work

ehabtutor :

would this handle the duplicates case?

ehabtutor :

ok great

ehabtutor :

you can have a rest once i post the answer, you will be notified by email.

Customer :

any luck?

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lindie, I really needed an answer to this question yesterday. It looked like I would have something soon but I have had to figure it out on my own. Please cancel the question and refund my money