Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

Hi. I have Windows 7 and cannot Watch Viaplay (Denmark)

Customer Question

Hi. I have Windows 7 and cannot Watch Viaplay (Denmark) more than 10 minutes at the time. Then the Picture freezes and the sound is like a machinegun. I cannot get any help from Viaplay. They tell me, that I must install a stronger browser. I have tried many Things, but without succes. Can you help me?????? Thank You in advance Jytte XXXXXXX Denmark

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Hello Jytte, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help you with your issue today..

First, could you explain what browser you are using when you watch VIAPLAY ?

Internet explorer, Mozilla firefox, Google chrome?

Also, what internet speed do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dustin.

I use Internet Explorer and Google chrome. The problem began 3 weeks ago. Earlier I could Watch Viaplay without problems. Then I used Explorer 9 to x64 based system Windows 7. I do not know what happened. I have tried to update without succes. I do not know much about installing, so I hope you can help me.

I do not know what internet speed I have. Is that important for you to know?

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
The internet speed is important.. Because if your speed is too low, it could be causing the video and audio issues.

So lets test that first.. To do the test.. If you have anything downloading or streaming, such as music or video.. Please stop it

Then next, go to this website and perform a speed test.

Where you see the speedometers.. click where it says start test.

Let me know your uplaod, download, and ping.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Download speed: 6.16

Upload 1.06

ping 234 s

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jytte..

. First, lets make sure that you have set a password XXXXX a username or email address for your justanswer account.. At the top right of this page, click account.

Then set a password, set a username.. And once thats set..

at the top right click my questions, and you should see our question Click the title of the question ( or click reply to expert ) and you will be back here.

You have plenty of speed and upload and your ping is within tolerance.. So its not your internet.

It has to be the computer itself.

You mentioned you use internet explorer, and also chrome.

What I would like you to try first, as a test..

is lets reset internet explorer.

1. click Start
    Start button
    . Type the following command in the Search box, and then press Enter:
    The Internet Options dialog box appears.
  2. Click the Advanced tab.
  3. Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

Click to select the Delete personal settings check box .. then click reset.
  4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
  5. Start Internet Explorer again.

Once that is done.. close all internet explorer windows.. Then open internet explorer.

And using only internet explorer, try Viaplay again.

Does it still lock up and freeze? If you run into any issues, please use the reply to expert button and send me a reply.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry to inform you, that my problem has not been solved. As a matter of fact I have run into more problems and my computer is now extremely slow. Therefore I ask you to give me a refund.

Thank you in advance

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
I can send a message to customer service and request a refund for you,

However, thats going to leave you without your problem being solved.. If your certain that you dont want to pursue fixing this issue further, then I will close the question and message customer support..

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have realized that I need somebody to come to my home in order to fix the problem, so I ask you to request a refund for me.

Thank you so much for trying.

Jytte K