Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

How do you delete "recent documents" from They

How do you delete "recent documents" from They are broXXXXX XXXXXnks.

Hello Lynn! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

Is it Microsoft Office/Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.? Is it installed on your computer?

Have you tried turning off the show recent documents option, then turn it back on?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 8, Office 2013, downloaded it with MS Account. Yes I went to options, advanced and put 0 in all of the boxes related to saving recent document shortcuts. I was able to clear the "recent folders" category but there are a bunch of excel documents that show up under "recent documents". I have since deleted them and if you click on one it does not work. Lynn

If you open other excel documents, does it overwrite?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are welcome to my computer. No the others do not show up. These documents were generated by my investment account. So the came to me online.

Please go to the website below (in Internet Explorer, the big 'e' program icon, if possible), and allow the ScreenConnect sharing program to run:

; if prompted, click on More Info..., then Run anyway... Thank you

I'm sorry, right now, Microsoft does not have the option to clear recent documents shortcut on skydrive / website (only on the programs). If you'd like to, you can give suggestion to Microsoft I have helped via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.