Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

i have a document in microsoft publisher that is in landscape

i have a document in microsoft publisher that is in landscape mode for an 11 x 17 paper. When I try to save it as a PDF, it cuts off about 1/3 of it. How do I save it in PDF so it has the entirety and shows up as it should in the 11 x 17 landscape format?

DrKlahn :

Thanks for using JustAnswer, the internet's independent site for Q&A consulting. I'm "DrKlahn," and I'd like to help you with this question.

DrKlahn :

Notice / disclosure: JustAnswer is a commercial Q&A site not associated with any computer hardware or software manufacturer. The "9 second" banner ad does not mean questions are answered in 9 seconds - it means about 400 questions are answered per hour.

DrKlahn :

Please send me a short message when you're online and ready to begin.

Customer:

hello

DrKlahn :

Good afternoon, and welcome back to JustAnswer.

DrKlahn :

I have just finished checking a solution on my own system to confirm that this operation can be done successfully.

DrKlahn :

Looking at the problem statement, the only issue I see that might cause a problem is if the document also fails to print to a physical printer with the same cutoff.

DrKlahn :

Does the document print correctly when sent to a real printer?

Customer:

I need to send it by email. It is cutting off 1/3 of the page

Customer:

I need to save it so the entire thing shows up

DrKlahn :

OK. Does the document print correctly when sent to a real printer? This is critical. If the document does not print correctly when sent to a real printer, then the issue is in Publisher and probably can not be solved. If the document prints successfully when sent to a real printer, then the issue is in the PDF conversion and that can be solved.

Customer:

it's in the pdf conversion

DrKlahn :

That we can fix, then.

DrKlahn :

What software is being used to do the PDF conversion?

Customer:

i'm in microsoft publisher and clicking on save as PDF

DrKlahn :

I recommend trying a different method, which is the one I use to convert to PDF. Will a workaround be acceptable if there is no cost involved?

Customer:

sure

DrKlahn :

OK. What I just tested is sending the document from Microsoft Word to the Bullzip PDF converter. The Bullzip converter plugs into Windows as though it were a printer. When ready to produce a PDF, you select the Bullzip printer from the available printer list and it does the conversion.

DrKlahn :

One moment while I get a link to the Bullzip download page.

DrKlahn :

Full Size Image

DrKlahn :
(Above: The test document on my system. Came through correctly as 11x17 inches, see the green-circled paper size on the Properties window)
DrKlahn :
(click anywhere on the above image to see it at full size)
Customer:

ok, do you have a link to the bullzip?

DrKlahn :

Sure do. One moment --

DrKlahn :

This is a "sponsored download" so don't let the installer install any of the toolbars, add-ons, etc. that it will try to install along with Bullzip.

DrKlahn :

Would you like me to hold while you download and test this solution?

Customer:

yes please

DrKlahn :

No problem. Let me know when it's installed and if there are any difficulties I'll be glad to help.

Customer:

the program that it has me downloading is called Soda PDF. Is that correct?

DrKlahn :

One moment. They may have changed the name on it.

DrKlahn :

The file being downloaded should be named Setup_BullzipPDFPrinter followed by the version number. Is that what downloaded?

Customer:

nope. soda pdf

Customer:

anyways, it is downloaded

DrKlahn :

Your browser is diverting you to somewhere else. I recommend that you sweep the system for viruses and malware.

DrKlahn :

One moment while I change the link with a shortener.

Customer:

ok, can you transfer to someone who knows how to do this thru publisher?

DrKlahn :

Not directly, but I can release your question back to the available list. Shall I do that?

Customer:

yes please

DrKlahn :

Sure thing. I wish you a successful conclusion to this problem. If it should develop that you don't have an answer in a reasonable time, let me know and I'll be glad to continue from where we are now.

DrKlahn :

Releasing your question ...

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=1a4e4953-10b2-46a7-b332-182edd736950

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Thank you.

All is working now.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience: Over 10 years work experience.