Jason
Jason, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

i have a document in microsoft publisher that is in landscape

i have a document in microsoft publisher that is in landscape mode for an 11 x 17 paper. When I try to save it as a PDF, it cuts off about 1/3 of it. How do I save it in PDF so it has the entirety and shows up as it should in the 11 x 17 landscape format?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.

DrKlahn :

Thanks for using JustAnswer, the internet's independent site for Q&A consulting. I'm "DrKlahn," and I'd like to help you with this question.

DrKlahn :

Notice / disclosure: JustAnswer is a commercial Q&A site not associated with any computer hardware or software manufacturer. The "9 second" banner ad does not mean questions are answered in 9 seconds - it means about 400 questions are answered per hour.

DrKlahn :

Please send me a short message when you're online and ready to begin.

Customer:

hello

DrKlahn :

Good afternoon, and welcome back to JustAnswer.

DrKlahn :

I have just finished checking a solution on my own system to confirm that this operation can be done successfully.

DrKlahn :

Looking at the problem statement, the only issue I see that might cause a problem is if the document also fails to print to a physical printer with the same cutoff.

DrKlahn :

Does the document print correctly when sent to a real printer?

Customer:

I need to send it by email. It is cutting off 1/3 of the page

Customer:

I need to save it so the entire thing shows up

DrKlahn :

OK. Does the document print correctly when sent to a real printer? This is critical. If the document does not print correctly when sent to a real printer, then the issue is in Publisher and probably can not be solved. If the document prints successfully when sent to a real printer, then the issue is in the PDF conversion and that can be solved.

Customer:

it's in the pdf conversion

DrKlahn :

That we can fix, then.

DrKlahn :

What software is being used to do the PDF conversion?

Customer:

i'm in microsoft publisher and clicking on save as PDF

DrKlahn :

I recommend trying a different method, which is the one I use to convert to PDF. Will a workaround be acceptable if there is no cost involved?

Customer:

sure

DrKlahn :

OK. What I just tested is sending the document from Microsoft Word to the Bullzip PDF converter. The Bullzip converter plugs into Windows as though it were a printer. When ready to produce a PDF, you select the Bullzip printer from the available printer list and it does the conversion.

DrKlahn :

One moment while I get a link to the Bullzip download page.

DrKlahn :

Full Size Image

DrKlahn :
(Above: The test document on my system. Came through correctly as 11x17 inches, see the green-circled paper size on the Properties window)
DrKlahn :
(click anywhere on the above image to see it at full size)
Customer:

ok, do you have a link to the bullzip?

DrKlahn :

Sure do. One moment --

DrKlahn :

This is a "sponsored download" so don't let the installer install any of the toolbars, add-ons, etc. that it will try to install along with Bullzip.

DrKlahn :

Would you like me to hold while you download and test this solution?

Customer:

yes please

DrKlahn :

No problem. Let me know when it's installed and if there are any difficulties I'll be glad to help.

Customer:

the program that it has me downloading is called Soda PDF. Is that correct?

DrKlahn :

One moment. They may have changed the name on it.

DrKlahn :

The file being downloaded should be named Setup_BullzipPDFPrinter followed by the version number. Is that what downloaded?

Customer:

nope. soda pdf

Customer:

anyways, it is downloaded

DrKlahn :

Your browser is diverting you to somewhere else. I recommend that you sweep the system for viruses and malware.

DrKlahn :

One moment while I change the link with a shortener.

Customer:

ok, can you transfer to someone who knows how to do this thru publisher?

DrKlahn :

Not directly, but I can release your question back to the available list. Shall I do that?

Customer:

yes please

DrKlahn :

Sure thing. I wish you a successful conclusion to this problem. If it should develop that you don't have an answer in a reasonable time, let me know and I'll be glad to continue from where we are now.

DrKlahn :

Releasing your question ...

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=1a4e4953-10b2-46a7-b332-182edd736950

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

All is working now.

Jason, Computer Technician
Experience: Over 10 years work experience.