technicalcat
technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  20yrs experience with advanced degrees
65369237

i AM WORKING IN MICROSOFT 2010 AND WANT TO USE TRACKING. BUT

i AM WORKING IN MICROSOFT 2010 AND WANT TO USE TRACKING. BUT I CANNOT GET I T TO DELETE A SECTION I WANT TO GET RID OF (AND PUT IT IN A BUBBLE ON THE SIDE OF THE TEXT). I HAVE TRIED GOING THROUGH HELP BUT IT DID NOT HELP. DO YOU KNOW HOWTO DO IT?
Hello and thank you for using this service,

Is the problem that you want to see the changes (the deletion) actually inline , and not inside a balloon?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The [problem is the opposite. The text II want to delete remains iin the text rather than goiing to a balloon on the side. This makes it impossible for anyone to read the text and have it make sense. When I used tracking in earlier versions of Microsoft the deletions automatically went to the balloon on the side. Now they don't .

Nancy,

Please describe your view of the entire document. Are any of the tracked changes showing up in balloons, or is everything in line?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I wanted to delete showed up in balloons but was not deleted from the text. or crosswed out in the text Therefore, you could not read the text as I was proposing it should be because the words I wanted to delete were in the text along with the wording I substituted.

Nancy,

It does sound like you have the tracking setup to NOT show changes inline. You can change this, and then ultimately accept/reject changes as you move to your final copy. Please visit the following link for instructions. In particular, check out the section "Display All Changes Inline", as this would appear to be what you are looking for.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/show-or-hide-comments-or-tracked-changes-HA101838880.aspx#BM1

Please remember to rate positively. I strive for excellent service! Rating costs you nothing more, and a positive rating helps me, where not rating or rating negative hurts me. I'm always here for any follow up questions you may have, and follow up after rating for no additional fee. Thank You.