Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

My name isXXXXX have Windows 8 on my laptop, recently upgraded

My name isXXXXX have Windows 8 on my laptop, recently upgraded from Windows 7. I have a Canon MF 9280 cdn Multifunction printer on our network. I have downloaded the latest driver and scanner software from the Canon website and installed the software. The printer works perfectly, single sided copies, double sided copies and also communicates back to the laptop when it's low in ink. I can't get the scanner to work at all. Using the "Main Menu" function on the printer, I have ensured that the "on-line" function is operational. Under windows 7, this allowed the scanner to work. I have used the scan function in windows with the new operating system, windows 8, but it can't find the scanning function of the MF Canon device, please help.
Thank you for your question Gary, my name is Richard.

What is the exact error you are receiving when you try to scan?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It just says that " No scanners were detected" but the print function works fine

Thank you Gary,

I have checked into the model and the issue is the TWAIN is not compatible with Windows 8 (the printer is only up to Windows 7)

Printing works as it is using the same system libraries as in Windows 7, but Scanning which relies on the Twain source is going to be the issue here. It uses the Twain to communicate and this is the problem.

You can see the specifications here

The only way to get around this if you want this scanning functionality, is to revert back to Windows 7. Cannon have not communicated anything in regards XXXXX XXXXX their Twain for Windows 8, and I fear they will not (but rather incorporate it into a new printer under development.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much for your help, looks like I'm up for a new scanner, at least I don't feel like a total fool. Appreciate your help, a job well done Gary

Your very welcome Gary.

Windows 8 is a big change, and a lot of equipment is not working correctly.

If you need anything else, please just let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you