NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Excel for MacintoshI

Customer Question

Excel for Macintosh I upgraded from V2004 directly to V2011. I can no longer copy-paste-link and I can no longer change links from one doc to another using the Links menu. At financial year's end I have to re-establish (literally) thousands of links by typing "=" then clicking on the relevant cell in the linked document. I am a chartered accountant and I have written my bookkeeping systems in Excel using links. They worked fine until I went up to the new version. Every year at balancing time I must open a new set of accounts for the following year. You can imagine the amount of work involved. It's a bit too much for a 93 year old feller so......please help. If there's an up-grade that I can buy, lead me to it. Allthebest Bobby XXXXX

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've been working on it for two years. Yes it is not solve. Help!

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=79a00f05-4f01-4331-a401-44f086e515cb&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Safari Jason. If I can't get through soon I shall have to leave. How do I reconnect and what times. I'm in Australia.

Regards

Bobby

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You can come back here when you are ready.

I will be working for the next 16 hours.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I forgot. I'm using Safari.

It's 6.30 PM (1830) here. I6 hours puts us at 0830 tomorrow. I can't make that. Please give me another time after 1100 OZ time. Say from 0700 onwards Silicon Valley time.

It tells me that you've sent texts. I ain't got any.

Cell is: international XXXXXXXXXXX

email:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thanks Jason.

Comeback soon please?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

When you are ready to continue, please, post a message here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Your last message was blank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe that you were suggesting that you make a remote contact with my computer.

I have no objection to that but only if you know what the problem is. We have already made a lot of experimentation including taking the spreadsheets back to the 2008 version.

I thought that I was talking to Microsoft but this not so? I think that I have already submitted one problem to JustAnswer.

It was not resolved.

Allthebest

Bobby XXXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let's start again.

This submitted to Jason yesterday.

See the history.

http://www.justanswer.com/microsoft-office/7t509-excel-macintosh-i-upgraded-v2004-directly-v2011-i.html

Nothing yet.

I'm just about ready to give up.

I've waited hours for service from you.

Allthebest

Bobby XXXXXX

Asked by you on Monday, June 10, 2013 3:51 AM EST

Here again is my question.

Excel for Macintosh

I upgraded from V2004 directly to V2011.

I can no longer copy-paste-link

and

I can no longer change links from one doc to another using the Links menu.

At financial year's end I have to re-establish (literally) thousands of links by typing "=" then clicking on the relevant cell in the linked document.

I am a chartered accountant and I have written my bookkeeping systems in Excel using links. They worked fine until I went up to the new version.

Every year at balancing time I must open a new set of accounts for the following year. You can imagine the amount of work involved. It's a bit too much for a 93 year old feller so......please help.

If there's an up-grade that I can buy, lead me to it.

Allthebest
Bobby XXXXX
Edit Price

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

I am available now and will be for the next 16 hours.

Please, let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I just need a simple answer to my original question.

"Just Answer" has never been able to answer any of my questions.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Are you ready for the remote link now?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.

June 22 2014

You still have not been able to answer this very simple question. More than a year now since last we communicated.

Evidently you don't know the answer so why don't you just ask Microsoft?

Or is it just as p'd worth you of as am I?

Bobby Fenwick

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

I asked you to reply when you were ready to continue; that was over 1 year ago.

Are you ready for the remote link now?

- Jason