Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

hello i have an excel sheet in which i have contracts with

hello

i have an excel sheet in which i have contracts with start date and end date what i want specifically is that i want to add a new column in which i can see the value of a specific period for example:
i have a contract with a start date January 11, 2011 to March 12, 2014 in the new column i want to see the value of this contract from April 1, 2013 to March 31 2013
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Can you send a sample or dummy Excel file with sample data? I am confused of your word "value". The first column is Start Date. The next column is End Date. You want to see the "value" of the contract from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2013. Where will Excel PULL this "value"?

If you can share the file, please upload it to http://wikisend.com and give me the 6-digit file ID.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is a column for a monthly amount ( column i )

the file # XXXXX

Johnny,

Thank you for the file. So you are saying that you want to partially compute the value of the contract in a TIME RANGE that you specify? For instance, you want to see its value from April 2013 to March 2014?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yep

Alright,

Please give me a moment while I do this. I will send the download link in a while.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thks man

Hi Johnny,

I got a solution for you. However, this requires that you ADD four (4) more column. The first is the NEW From date, the second is the NEW To date. That is, you need to calculate the amount based on a new FROM and TO date so you need to have columns to hold the inputs. The third column calculates the number of months in the date range using the DATEDIF function, then the 4th column computes the total.

Here is the revised file:
http://wikisend.com/download/507560/Book1_rev1.xlsx

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the
information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello

Its giving me #NUM! error

Johnny,

Are you adding data (FROM and TO columns) in the file I gave you? I am entring sample data here and it is not giving any error.

For the NUM error, please make sure that the DATA that you are basing the computation is set to NUMBER format and not to TEXT.

Please try entering dates in the FROM and TO columns in the file I gave you and see if it works.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thks man it worked now

Wow! I am glad that it worked!

Thank you for requesting me... If you have questions in the future, please let me know.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess