Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

INSTALLED I CLOUD CONTROL PANES ON MY PC RUNNING WINDOWS 7.

Customer Question

INSTALLED I CLOUD CONTROL PANES ON MY PC RUNNING WINDOWS 7. GOT A BIT CONFUSED, SO UNINSTALLED IT. LOST ALL MY CONTACTS. AM NOT RUNNING BACKUP. HAVE REINSTALLED I CLOUD. BUT STILL NO CONTACTS.MESSAGE STATES ADDRESS LIST CANNOT BE DISPLAYED. THE CONTACTS FOLDER ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ADDRESS MAY HAVE BEEN MOVED OR DELETED. SEE MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK HELP.

CAN I CHANGE TO TELEPHONE CHAT?

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using MS Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I HAVE BEENWAITING SINCE LAST NIGHT!!!

I AM USING WINDOWS 7 PROF

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

Thank you for writing back. In order to help you with this problem, I need to know which version of MS Outlook is installed in your computer.

Is it MS Outlook 2007 or 2010?

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I AM USING WINDOWS 7 PROF

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

Windows 7 is the operating system, the version of Windows that you are using. The error message that you got indicated that there is a problem with your contacts - MS Outlook Contacts.

So please tell me if you are using MS Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where will I find that.information.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

Please go to Start => Search. In the Search box, type:

Outlook

Then wait for the results to show up and see if it will list Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010. Here is my screen shot showing my Outlook 2010:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Microsoft outlook 2007. I find this very frustrating. why does this message box just disappear ?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

I am sorry hear that you are having trouble viewing our exchanges of messages. Please try these steps:
  1. Open Outlook 2007
  2. When it is open, click on Contacts at the bottom left panel.

Are you getting any error message? Or are you able to view your contacts?

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I get the address list cannot be displayed. The contact folder associated with this list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permission. for information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book see Microsoft office help

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

Please open Outlook 2007, click on Tools => Account Settings. Then click on Address Book tab. What are the items listed there?

Here is my screen shot:

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Outlook Address Book MAPI

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
How many email accounts (refers to your email addresses) added or used in your MS Outlook? Also, is this email address ending with @gmail.com, @hotmail.com or others?

Also, please click on that listed item, then click on Change. Are there several address books listed there?

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if I click on MAPI it shows Contacts : Icloud

Contacts Personal folders

My Email addresses areXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

I also have and I cloud email, XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX which is on my I pad.

But Bell.net is my primary email address

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

Thank you for that information. Please do these steps:
  1. Open Outlook 2007
  2. On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Properties for your folder name.
  3. On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

open mail click on file. I have properties for inbox

share inbox

change sharing permissions

change sharing permissions

under the properties there is nothing about Outlook Address Book

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary, here are the steps. Please follow them and tell me which step you are stuck.
  1. Open Outlook 2007 software
  2. Click on the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Properties for your folder name.
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

File menu OK

Folder ok

Properties none

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

When you point to Folder, please locate the bottom command. It shall show as "Properties for Inbox" or something similar. Click on it then follow the rest of the steps.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK You must think I am stupid, but where is the outlook address tab.

do I type it under the General tab where is says address?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

Let us redo the recent steps:

When Outlook is open, click on Contacts at the bottom left panel. Then click on File, point to Folder, and then click Properties for Contacts.

On the third tab must be Outlook Address Book tab, click on that tab, then click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have properties for contacts

its properties for inbox

the third tab is Auto archive

the first is General, The second is Home Page

The Fourth is Administration

the Fifth is Forms

Can you get into my computer by Remote. this is getting ridicoulos

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
The command says Properties for Inbox because the Inbox folder is selected, NOT the contacts.

Please refer to this screen shot:

When Contacts is clicked, click on File, point to Folder then see if there is Properties for Contacts command.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok done, Mary's contacts

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please proceed with the remaining steps.

On the third tab of the Contacts Properties must be Outlook Address Book tab, click on that tab, then click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK.

Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In both cases its the first tab. not the third. and it is all set correctly so f

far.

Now how do I get Marys Contacts to pop up when I click on to to send email

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Mary,

Since the settings were already there and yet you are experiencing this problem, it means that your Address Book is corrupted. Your only options are as follows:
  1. Export your Address Book or Contacts as an external CSV file
  2. Create a NEW Mail profile
  3. Import the CSV file that you got in step 1 above.

Now, for more detailed procedures on how to EXPORT your Contacts or Address Book as a CSV file, please click on this link:

http://www.technicalforum.org/email/moving-outlook-2007-2010-contacts-one-computer-another

In your case, you just need to EXPORT your contacts as a CSV file. Then wait for the third step to IMPORT it back to your NEW Mail Profile.

NOTE: The output that you will have in this step is a CSV file that you will use in step 3.

To CREATE a NEW Mail profile, please follow the steps in this link:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/how-to-create-a-new-profile

Now, when the NEW email profile is setup, make sure that you set the option to always use the new profile when you open Outlook.

If the new profile is now working, please IMPORT the CSV file back to Outlook. The procedures here are still described in the first link that I gave you. The only difference is that you do not need a USB drive to import the CSV since you are only working in a single computer.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the
information you need.

If you have any other questions, please ask me more or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Were you ever able to see any addresses. I have exported to 3 different sources, to USB sticks and my external hard drive. and there has been nothing copied?