Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  MS Office expert

In Project 2007 when the filter is on, I can open and close

In Project 2007 when the filter is on, I can open and close sub tasks and it shows "ALL" subtasks. Despite filter. This is what we want.

In Project 2010 when filter is on...And we open and close subtasks... it only shows filtered tasks and not "ALL" tasks. Not what we want and not the same as 2007.

Is there a way in 2010 we can show "ALL" subtasks while the filter is still on. Same as 2007
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Unfortunately this is no longer possible with the 2010 version of MS Project. The reason for this is because Microsoft have changed the interface, to make it behave more like Excel, so viewing all subtasks while filters are on is not possible.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this occasion.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am happy to hear someone has an answer but this is a grave mistake for microsoft. So i will need to keep seeking an anawer why they have degraded the system rather than improved it.... Thanks. I am a person that improves, not degrades
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I want to know is how you know Project 2010. What you answered was as expected. because I could not find it. However, how did you know Projects so well. do you use it as a daily tool? 2007 & 2010. How did you know the difference between functionality of 2007

& 2010. This is something a regular user would know. my email [email protected]. We are looking for advisor for BHPBilliton (checkout web)

Hi Dion,
Yes I am here.
I agree completely - I use MS Project 2010 with filters myself, and I miss the old way it used to show all subtasks.
I don't know why Microsoft removed this feature, as so many people found it useful.
Perhaps their software developers had a different opinion.
I know several people have already complained to Microsoft about the feature being removed - I only hope they will include it in the next release of MS Project.