NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

In Outlook 2003, when I wanted to change the color of the font

Customer Question

In Outlook 2003, when I wanted to change the color of the font - I would highlight the word... then click on the ribbon icon of the "red A" for example and it would turn it red. Or if I wanted to but a cell border on the bottom of a cell - I would highlight the cell and whatever the last formatting I did was... it was set in the ribbon as a "1-click" option.

Now - in 2013 - you have to click on the Icon in the Ribbon to format - and then choose from the drop down that appears. no more 1-click. Is there a setting to fix that?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Changing text color is the same in all Office versions. Whether you are using Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, you can still highlight the text and click on the A icon (red A) and the text color will change. Red is the default color to change text to, but if you click the drop-down menu near the A icon, you can select a different color. Once you use a new color, the A icon will turn from red to newly selected color. So, if you need to apply the same color again, you only need to click on the A icon, no need to use the drop-down menu again.

It is the same for borders.

Are you saying it is different for you?