NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I need a formula that will arrange the miles per state in a

Customer Question

I need a formula that will arrange the miles per state in a column for each state. to be more exact, I will have over 20 charts, with just two columns, one for the name of the state, and the other one for the miles for that state. in each chart, the states will be arranged in alphabetical order, but not all the states will be in each column. On a different spreadsheet, I need to have a column for each state, an in each column to have all the miles from the 20 charts or more. Do you know how I could get a formula like this?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

Could you please attach a sample spreadsheet with some data and/or charts to help explain more what it is you are looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

0

These charts are imported from PC Miler and in one column there is the state, and in the column next to it, there are the miles per state. In the worksheet Origin Destination, there is a chart with a column for each state. What I need, is a formula, that will take all the miles for each state from sheet 1, and put them in the column for each state in the Origin destination Worksheet. Not all the charts in Sheet 1 will have the same states, nor will they be in the same order. So, if you look at the spreadsheet that I added, if we take Illinois for example, in the Origin destination worksheet, we need to have under Illinois 179,500 and 333. I filled those out just as an example of how I need it to look, but i need a formula that will recognize all the miles per each state, and put them in the correct column.

Please let me know if you can help.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

here is the spreadsheet.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrea,
The spreadsheet does not appear to have been attached correctly.
You can email it to experts@justanswer.com - request that it be forwarded to ITPeter.