Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

I am a long time WordPefect Customer and I am working with

Customer Question

I am a long time WordPefect Customer and I am working with X5 Standard. Recently my PC Motherboard broke down and I desisted to purchase a PC with Windows 7. I was able to reinstall my X5. However my phone book has not come back. I have a the original HD with all the information on it. How do I get back my address book? Can you assist me? I shure hope so. My E-Mail [email protected] however my latest e-Mail [email protected] Waiting to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX Please note I have the original Hard Drive with all the information on it I just don't know how to bring it to the new PC.

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is Dustin, and I am here to help..

The original hard drive you have, that has your info on it.. Was that harddrive for a laptop computer, or a desktop computer?

And your current PC with windows 7 , is it a laptop or a desktop ?

And also, when you mentioned upgrading from x3 x4 and x5.. You mentioned that you did get your complete address book back.. ?

So is the issue that you have your address book on this computer, but when you upgrade to X5, it dissapears?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. Desk Top, 2 Desk Top.

Address book is the bud the contend is not.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.

Im sorry.. Could you try to explain what you said about the address book again please?

""

Address book is the bud the contend is not.""

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the address book is not the problem it is the contend.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
I understand that the content is missing..

My question is, you said that with x4 .. Your content was there.. It only dissapeared when you upgraded to X 5 ..

Or did I misunderstand you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I upgraded to X5 the contend was missing. When X 3 and X4 was reinstalled all the contend was there. You need to understand how Word Perfecrt works.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
I understand perfectly well how word perfect works..

What I am trying to ascertain, is whether we need to pull the data from the old hard drive, or not..

So to be clear.. Right now on your current computer, if you unsintall x5, and reinstall x4.. All your address book content will still be there?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Again,

I am conversant in Corel products.. I know how to fix the issue, I know what file we need to import..

The only issue is, I need to know whether that file is currently on your computer..

Or whether it is stuck on your old hard drive..

so again, I need to ask.. On this current computer.. When you installed x4.. was your address book intact, with all its contents?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thing it is on the old drive I have seen it with all the information I do not know how and what makes it work.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Understood..

So our first goal, will be to get that old drive connected to this computer.. And then access its files.

If you dont have one, were going to need a special cable to do so.

You can get the cable here Click here They arent overly expensive.. ( 10$ )

If you already have the other hard drive connected to your computer.. Then what we need to do is go inside your external drive.. Users, my documents folder, CCWin > Address Book, and then copy everything you see in there, onto the new computer into a new folder.

Then on the new computer, you want to open corel x5.. Open the address book, Within Address book click File > Open, click on "CorelCENTRAL"

and then point it at the folder we just made ( with the CC win files in it that we pulled from the other computer )

That will import your address book into corel. if you get stuck on any of these steps, dont hesitate to send a reply my way. I will be happy to continue assisting you till your address book is intact again.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the Hard Drive connected to my Computer

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Ok.. Then all we need to do is access that external drive..

Go into your my documents folder on the older harddrive.. And copy these folders.

CCWin > Address Book, and then copy everything you see in there, onto the new computer into a new folder.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O. K. I will dry this procedure and get back to you. Do I l stay on you wep site oe how to I get back to you?

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Before you leave the website, Lets make sure you have set a password.. ( so you can get back to me )

At the top right of your screen, click where it says my account ( or account )

Then, there should be a section in the middle of the page where you can set a password.. Once thats done..

You can then come back to justanswer at anytime by entering your username or email address.. And using that password.

if you get stuck or cant find the folder, please dont hesitate to send a reply..

Dustin S.