The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I have a large document--about 150 pages with 11 sections.

Customer Question

I have a large document--about 150 pages with 11 sections. I created Sections 1-7 of this policy manual first and now I have four more sections to add (8-11). I have been using footers with this numbering scheme (1-1, 1-2, 1-3 etc. for chapter 1; 2-1, 2-2, 2-3etc. for chapter 2 and so on).

For some reason, now that I have added new sections, it does not want to automatically number my pages correctly. It is picking up 7-1 for the last four sections of the manual. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

could you tell me?

The-PC-Guy :

Are you using page numbers? or footers?

The-PC-Guy :

they are 2 different things

The-PC-Guy :

and what version of Word are you using?

Customer :

Word 2010 and using footers

Customer :

still with me?

Customer :

ANDREW ARE YOU WORKING ON A RESPONSE? JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I AM STILL CONNECTED TO YOU.

The-PC-Guy :

ok

The-PC-Guy :

i would like to offer to do a remote screen sharing session, where I would be able to temporarily take control of your mouse and keyboard.

The-PC-Guy :

I could then show you the way that I would set this up

The-PC-Guy :

would you be interested in this?

Customer :

I can't do that from the work computer.

The-PC-Guy :

ok

The-PC-Guy :

could you send the document?

The-PC-Guy :

i am just trying to save some time rather than trying to walk you through this blind

Customer :

yes

The-PC-Guy :

but I can work with whatever you are able to do

Customer :

I can send it if you provide an e-mail address

The-PC-Guy :

i could do that

The-PC-Guy :

or to save some time

The-PC-Guy :

do you have a paperclip icon at the top of your chat window

The-PC-Guy :

??

Customer :

no i don't see one

The-PC-Guy :

which browser are you using?

The-PC-Guy :

just out of curiosity

Customer :

IE

The-PC-Guy :

hmm, you should see it.

The-PC-Guy :

but lets do this another way

The-PC-Guy :

www.wikisend.com

The-PC-Guy :

if you upload to that website

The-PC-Guy :

they give you a download link

The-PC-Guy :

then paste that link here

Customer :

Where should the paperclip link be?

The-PC-Guy :

top of the window you are typing in

The-PC-Guy :

im not sure if its supported by all browsers

Customer :

All I have is a Question mark and Help

Customer :

wait, i see it below our chat

The-PC-Guy :

oh, its on top in mine

The-PC-Guy :

i am using firefox or chrome

The-PC-Guy :

anyway

The-PC-Guy :

says image

The-PC-Guy :

but you should be able to attach a doc file

Customer :

See if you can get into that one. The first seven sections of the headers and footers are fine. When I get to section 8, it is out of whack

The-PC-Guy :

give me a min

The-PC-Guy :

okay looking at it now

Customer :

Having any luck?

Customer :

I will have to shut this computer down at 3:45.

The-PC-Guy :

ok

The-PC-Guy :

i am still working on it

The-PC-Guy :

may take some time

Customer :

Can you e-mail me back at a different address?

The-PC-Guy :

we are not allowed to communicate via email, against site policy

Customer :

How can I get back in touch?\

The-PC-Guy :

right here on this site

The-PC-Guy :

you can bookmark this page

The-PC-Guy :

or copy down the url

The-PC-Guy :

http://www.justanswer.com/microsoft-office/7srvm-large-document-about-150-pages-11-sections.html

Customer :

and go back in tonight to get the outcome?

The-PC-Guy :

i will work on it till I either come up with something or not. I will let you know if I cannot fix it

The-PC-Guy :

but I'm not ready to give up yet

Customer :

Great. I really hope you can.

The-PC-Guy :

me 2

Customer :

ok, I am going to log out and will try to log back in from my personal computer tonight.

The-PC-Guy :

sounds good.

The-PC-Guy :

well I have tried every which way to do this and I'm stumped. I will like to give another expert a try to help you. It may not be possible. I wish I could be of more help but cannot.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do need to get this resolved before wednesday june 5 @ 3pm. if u can find someone who can assist, that would be wonderful.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Rachel

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another professional to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please close my question. Thanks, Nancy