Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

HelloI have an excel sheet in which there is a column for

Hello

I have an excel sheet in which there is a column for due dates what i want is that when the date is due i want the amount being under another column to go to another worksheet under a column of the same month of the due date
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Is this other worksheet in the same Excel file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it's in an another excel sheet

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you upload both files please.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

331688 and 583176 the column of the due dates is in 583176 local column R

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the file names, sheets and columns that are involved please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the file name is XXXXX XXXXX orders list, local worksheet column R ( being the due dates ) and i want the column L once the date is due to flow to the other excel sheet being the projection, sheet 1, and the flowed number to be shower under the same month of the due date

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok,I think you mean Column T and not R?

And you want all the figures summed under the one month?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it's ok

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I did not understand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i mean yes its column T because the worksheet opened from your side is travel & hotels as for the figures yes i want them to be summed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will have to opt out for another expert sorry for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
No answer received
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your Question but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Rachel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello,

yes it's ok with me i will wait hopefully you will be able to find someone.

regards,

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Rachel

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

I am looking at your Ourchase Order List file. Column T is the Due Date. You mentioned about column L. When the date is due, the content of column L in Purchase Orders List file named PO Total will be copied to another excel file, called Projections.

Is this right? If so, in what cell in the Projections file will the data in column L be copied?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi jess

the content in column L to be copied should go to the month of the same month in the due date

thanks

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please look at column L. L2 through L8 have due dates on April. Should these 7 entries go to B2 in Projections file? Or ONLY the sum of the 7 cells in L2:L8?

If you can provide sample computations, it will be better so that I can then incorporate a formula or logic in the Excel file.

Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i want all the due dates for a specific month to be summed together and shown in the projections sheet as one number ie: from L2 to L8 have due dates on April so in the projections sheet under April i should see the sum of L2 to L8

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that confirmation. Please give me a moment to try out a solution.

Regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for patiently waiting. It really took me a lot of time to come up with what you really wanted or desired. I believe I was able to come up with the complete solution and here is the summary:
  1. You have 2 Excel files: PO List and Projections.
  2. In your PO list file, you need to determine entries that are DUE or NOT YET DUE.
  3. When an entry is DUE, you want to collect ALL DUE entries in the entire month and then SUM UP the PO Total values in column L.
  4. Place the SUM of the PO Totals in their corresponding months in Projections.xlsx file.

In order to accomplish this, I need to create a NEW sheet that will perform #2 above. I called the sheet Overdue_Status.

The purpose if this sheet is critical. It will convert the due date into months and it will test the entries if it is Overdue or Not Due. Also, I copied the PO Total values in Column L in this sheet.

Then, in order to push the SUM of all Overdue items, the formula will now test the conditions in the Overdue_Status sheet. The appropriate formula is SUMIFS(). In this case, You sum the PO Total column IF:

1. The month shown in the Due Month column is equal to the month header. That is, for the April column (Projections sheet or file), Due Month must be April.
  2. The Status must be Overdue in the Status column.

In this case, only Overdue entries for the month of April will be totalled under April. The same logic applies in the other months.

Also, I added Projections sheet as a testing before I worked on the separate Projections file.

Here are the download links:

http://wikisend.com/download/414972/Projection_jess.xlsx

http://wikisend.com/download/752012/Purchase Orders List 2013-4_jess.xlsx

NOTE: Since the Projections file is dependent on the PO List file, the 2 files must be saved in the SAME folder. Also, you can see the Projections sheet the results of the formulas that I made for you.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years