The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

I have a table with 9 columns. The first four are text and

I have a table with 9 columns. The first four are text and the last five are numeric.

I'd like a formula that checks the first four columns for rows that exactly match in those 4 fields, and then combines the values in each of the numeric columns.

Is that possible?

I don't have much excel experience.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

Is this question a duplicate of the other excel question you asked from the following url?

or are you looking for a different formula here.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and I will be happy to assist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for checking. This is not a duplicate, although the idea is similar.

What's different about this question is i want to combine values in each of 5 columns, when values in each of four columns are identical.

The other question only checked values in one column, then combined values in another single column.

Like the other question, however, I'd like to not have to type in each value that I want to match. I just want it to find matches itself. There are so many rows that having to redo the forumla for each value would mean I'm not saving much time.

Thanks again.

ok, I posted a response for the other formula.

Please let me know that the other formula works for you.

Then please rate the other question so I am reimbursed for my time.

I will be happy to look at this more complicated formula.

However given this more complicated. I would need a copy of the sheet you are working on, or an example, if you don't want to share the exact information.

Please upload to

after uploading you will be given a download link

paste that link here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Here's a sample from the file. The actual file has 245,343 rows. That's why I don't want to have to enter in each individual group of values to match. the-pc-guy.xlsx

ok thanks. It is getting late where I am. If you could wait until tomarrow, I will take a look then.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that's fine. sleep well.

I donwloaded the sheet, Can you please explain to me exactly what you are trying to accomplish?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure. The end result I want is for rows 2 to 5 to be combined so that I have one row for "Costa Rica, Costa Rica, Costa Rica, Alajuela."

The same for rows 7 to 11.

The same for rows 12 and 13.

The same for rows 13 to 18.

I've got almost endless rows like this, and I hope Excel will be able to combine those rows that are duplicates in columns A to D.

maybe something like a pivot table would work for you.

it takes a little while to understand how the data is being presented. But once you do it is aggregated for you.

I am not even sure if MAC supports pivot tables.

look at the modified example to see sheet 2. If you see the pivot table you can click on it to see how its set up.

If MAC does support it, all you would need to do is set up the 9 columns in the appropriate places. The first 4 columns would go under row headings, then you would need to set the other 5 columns to sum(values) under the values box.

Let me know how it works out, or if you can even view the pivot table in sheet 2. the-pc-guy-exp.xlsx
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I have been told I can do pivot tables on a Mac, but I've never actually done one.

well if you run into trouble, ill try to help you create one.