IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I downloaded soundrost video converter for you tube. Now I

Customer Question

I downloaded soundrost video converter for you tube. Now I am unable to download and you tube videos; in fact, none will play. Then I downloaded you tube converter and still I cannot watch any videos. I think I really compunded the problem. I tried to uninstall all and clear away all but I was not successful. Can you help? Also, I need a free download video converter that will work? Can you also help with that??
Appreciate all help! joanna
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

Do you mean you cannot play youtube videos at the website https://www.youtube.com/? Is there any error?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet:

Thank you for your help! No, I am unable to watch any videos. It reads error,

Also, my PC has all Microsoft 2007 programs

You're welcome. Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please!

Please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect sharing program to run:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=2dfbb786-ec21-44b9-a86b-0432d508fbc0&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded and it says it is waiting for you!

We're connected. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet:

Adobe flash Player is now downloaded and installed. Now am I able to download you tube videos?

joanna

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet:

The download is complete and installed. YES! Now am I able to download you tube videos? If not, what converter would you recommend?

joanna

I'm sorry. My internet connection is down, it rarely happens. Can you please check a youtube video? If it does not work can you download and install Firefox at the www.firefox.com website then open firefox then go to youtube.com website and see if videos play fine in firefox? I will reconnect with you as needed as soon as my internet works.

I'm on my smartphone now so my typing is slower than normal. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet:

Sorry! I will do as you recommend and I'll be available after 2 hours! We are 10 hours difference!

joanna

We're reconnected. Thank you.
Please try youtube videos after system restore, then let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the email is okay and there were no problems

HOWEVER, the players on the rugby team came up okay but when I switched to another video, the error sign came up again and so there is nothing. Going for lunch before the men eat all but will be back in an hour....so sorry!

Sorry, I have to go for now. If you can try the followings later when you have time:

Please download and install the CCleaner software at the website:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner
; click on "Download Latest Version" on the right
, then open it and run both the Cleaner and Registry options.
, then restart the computer and check.

If that does not, please download and install Google Chrome
http://www.google.com/chrome
, then open Google Chrome, then go to youtube.com website in google chrome and see if videos play fine in Google Chrome.

I will check with you later or tomorrow. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did all you asked and it is still the same. Unable to open any You Tube video. Sorry!

joanna

Sorry about that. Can you try this: click Start, then type msconfig in the Search... box, and press Enter. Then click on the Startup tab and uncheck all the boxes, except the Kaspersky item, if it's there. Then click on the Services tab and check the box at Hide all Microsoft services near the bottom. Then uncheck all the services, except the Kaspersky item, if it's there. Then click OK, and restart the computer and check youtube videos.

If that does not work, can you go to Start, Control panel, User Accounts, and create a new administrator account, then restart the computer and log in the new account and see if youtube videos play fine in the new account?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet:

Appreciate your getting back to me. Because of the time difference, I'm nearly in bed for the nite but I will get up early early and do as you have suggested. Here's hoping that it all will work!

joanna

You're welcome. We'll fix it eventually. Good night. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning Viet:

Mmmmmm, seems like I slept longer than I wanted but I was up at 7am, our time! Here is what has happened:

1. I went into START and typed in misconfig in the search box

Result: Nothing.....there was no list or any other tabs. So I went online and saw that this is a program but I don't think it is on the computer now

2. I went into START and changed the name of the account and the password...........Result: I went to You Tube but no video plays

I'm here now for the day pretty much...............let me know what I can so, if anything!

As always, I thank you! joanna

Not change the name of the account, but create a new account. That's okay. Please go to the website below in Internet Explorer or Safari, and allow it to run, so I can help again:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=c68c55eb-c39d-426e-9168-28bdc1ee4d05&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Edit: Please install the downloaded update when it's done. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet:

Okay now! The download took 3 hrs and 9 min exactly and the installation nearly 2 hours!!! The message window is gone so I can't send you this message. Stage 1 of the Pack is also completed.

I am having a hard time getting into yahoo but will wait for you before I set it up as home page, etc.

I will check back later. It is 2pm here so 4am there.

Thank you. joanna

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Viet:

I'm having a hard time getting into internet. So I have to use this approach. Hopefully, it will send!
The download took exactly 3 hours and 9 minutes. Then over 2 hours for the installation.
The window for the remote assistance is gone so I could not leave you a message.
I hope you will get this very soon!
I'll check back in a while.
Thank you
joanna

Running updates have disconnected the computer. Can you continue the windows update from Start, All programs, Windows Update?

Thank you,

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away with your Microsoft issue, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lindie:

I am sorry to be so late in respomding. Yes, please cpntinue the search if you will.

Thank you!

joanna

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Lindie
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please click on this link:
http://supportdetails.com/

and tell me what it says under

- Operating System section
- Web Browser section
- Flash Version
section

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi IT Miro:

Thank you for trying to help me!!!

First I have to tell you that I am in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, East Africa....an American ex-pat living and working here.

So there is a 7 hour difference between here and the East Coast!

In response to your request:

Operasting System: Microsoft Windows 7

Web Browser: 1497x663

Flash Version: 11.7.700

I usually stay up til 10pm my time or 3pm east coast time.

I hope this will not be too much of an inconvenience.

joanna

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Joanna!

Thanks for the update! I hope we will solve this problem very soon, so it won't take us several days to communicate because of a time difference.

So, what's Tanzania like?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Regarding the problem: what web browser do you use for surfing the Internet and accessing web sites such as YouTube? Have you tried a different web browser to see if the problem will go away?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi IT:

Mmmm, why don't you move here in this nice tropical place and teach the texkkies here how to become really good and professional computer specialists! Life is quite like the States.....only "our" food can be expensive. Beaches are great and I recently spent a week in Zanzibar in a fishing village on the Indian Ocean! FAB!!!!

Okay, I use both google and yagoo. Viet put in Google Chrome but it did not work. He also put in Firefox and it too did not work.

As an added piece of the pizzle...I was in Yahoo news today reading my cup full of the Daily Beast! I went into a video that was part of the story...not a You Tube video and it would play but no voice. I didn't try t replay. Sometimes on You Tube or a You Tube video being shown on a different web site, it will play but no voice...then the same video will not play again, ever!

Do you think I should google "shamans" or do you think there is a resolution to this problem!!!

It's 9:15pm my time and need to leave the office for the nite....will check back in in the am at 7am my time!

Hoping you can hlp! joanna

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

I am sure there are good computer specialists over there as well.

Register Here

I will write the instructions which you can follow to solve the problem.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Here are two sets of instructions for you to follow. I hope at least one of them will help.

#1. Try with System Restore
In case you were able to view YouTube videos with no problems before installing Soundfrost Video Converter or any other program, you can easily revert the changes by using System Restore. It will restore Windows and program settings to an earlier point in time, when all worked fine. Here is how to use it:

1. Click the Windows Start button and type system restore into search box and press Enter (or click Windows Start button and point to All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore)

2. You should see System Restore window. You will be given a choice to select either Recommended restore or Choose a different restore point

3. Since Recommended restore is usually one day old, select Choose a different restore point and press Next

4. You should see a list of restore points based on a date. You can also tick a box that says Show more restore points (if available)

5. Select a date when you know everything worked fine

6. To confirm, press Next and then Finish

7. Your computer will restart and restore all system settings to the date you selected

Don't worry about your personal files because they won't be affected by this process.

If it didn't help, proceed to the next suggestion.

#2. Update DirectX and video and audio codecs
You can update DirectX files as well as video and audio codecs on your computer which are needed to properly see all videos and hear the sound.

So, first click on THIS LINK to download DirectX updater.

When downloaded, run dxwebsetup.exe and wait until it finishes installing all the updates.

Once done, click on THIS LINK to download K-Lite Codec Pack. Run its installer and use default options to install the program. When installed, restart your computer.

After that, start Internet Explorer and check if you can successfully view YouTube videos. In case it won't work, please check with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome - whichever is available.

Let me know the results.

Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi IT Miro:

Viet already did the system restore. Nothing improved

He put in Chrome which is still there under an additional Afministrator.

He put in and then removed firefox

I will try your 2nd recommendation and get back to you!

Thanks, joanna

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Try it whenever you can.

You can also explore different ways of opening YouTube videos. For example, you can install VLC media player and open any video (including YouTube link) with it.

Download VLC media player on THIS LINK. Install it and run it, then click Media > Open Network Stream... (Ctrl+N) and paste YouTube link (URL) and click Play.

Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi IT Miro:

I explored the VLC and no matter what I tried, it said it cannot open the URL.

Now what do I do!

joanna

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

What about DirectX and K-Lite Codec Pack? Any changes when you installed them and restarted your computer?

When copying the YouTube URL, make sure to copy and paste the one you see in a web browser.

For example, try this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IncKWhFy5c

Copy it and paste it into VLC (start VLC, click Media > Open Network Stream...).

Will it play?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Nope! It will not play! It says no and to check log! Haven't got a clue what or where to check log!

joanna

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

Please start VLC media player and click Tools > Messages. On the bottom left corner, set Verbosity to 2 (debug) and leave the Messages window open.

After that, find a valid YouTube URL, for example:

Now, in VLC media player, click Media > Open Network Stream... Paste the copied URL and press Enter or click Play.

If it fails to start the video, you will see several lines of log messages in the Messages window. Please copy the entire log and paste it here.

To do that, right-click inside the Messages window, click Select All, then right-click again and click Copy. Go back here, right-click within the text area and click Paste.

I will examine the log and let you know what the problem could be. So far, I think something is blocking all YouTube videos.

Please check if other web sites that provide videos work. Here are some good web sites:

- Snotr - http://www.snotr.com
- Vimeo - https://vimeo.com
- Metacafe - http://www.metacafe.com

Thanks,
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Joanna!

What is the status of VLC media player and YouTube? Any changes?

Let me know,