Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years

Part way thro editing a text the remaining text has gone to

Customer Question

Part way thro' editing a text the remaining text has gone to the right one letter above the other through page after page.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

jessmagz :

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am glad to assist you today. Are you using MS Word 2007 or 2010?

jessmagz :

Please let me know when you are ready for chat....

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

MS Word2007 ready now

jessmagz :

Thank you for joining chat.... Are you working on the document now? Can you send the document to me so that I can check it here in my computer?

jessmagz :

Please tell me if it is alright with you to send a copy of the document to me so that I can give you procedures on how to upload the document....

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Yes, it is OK to send to you. How do I do that?

jessmagz :

Thank you for that... Now, you can upload the document to a website called wikisend. Here is the link:
http://wikisend.com

jessmagz :

In that site, no need to register. Just upload your document. When done uploading, please wait for the screen to change and locate a 6-digit File ID.

jessmagz :

Then give me that 6-digit File ID so that I can download your document.

jessmagz :

How is it going? I will just wait for the 6-digit File ID. Please take your time.

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Uploading, I am not familiar with the process!

jessmagz :

I am sorry about that. If you need more assistance in uploading the document, please let me know. When the upload is done, just wait for the screen to change and you shall see a 6-digit File ID.

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Tes please!

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Yes not Tes

jessmagz :

Alright. Please click on this link for a detailed procedures of using wikisend.
http://www.technicalforum.org/windows/how-easily-share-files-using-wikisend

jessmagz :

The goal here is to be able to Upload your document. When it is uploaded successfully, you shall see a 6-digit File ID on screen. The link I gave you has screen shots.

jessmagz :

How is it going?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

wikisend do not seem able to accept the file, maybe because of the problem itself. because of the single letter in each line it goes on for quite a few pages. Any ideas?

jessmagz :

What did you mean by wikisend not accepting the file? Were you able to upload the document to wikisend but it failed?

jessmagz :

Or you were not able to locate the document to start the upload?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

I did upload but it failed three times

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Could I try an email direct to you?

jessmagz :

Alright. Please close the Word document and then try to upload it again.

jessmagz :

No, I am sorry but we cannot share email addresses here. It is against website policy. You can email the document to the moderators but it will take few hours for them to forward it to me.

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

OK, I think. The No is 271382

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

271382

jessmagz :

Good... I downloaded it, named AGENDA C'tee May 2013.doc

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

sorry wrong doc. will send again!

jessmagz :

Oh... Ok... Yes please send the problem doc... I just deleted the Agenda doc...

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

IT will not download!, will try again

jessmagz :

Yes please.... Just upload the doc the way you did it with the Agenda file....

jessmagz :

If the problem with uploading continues, SAVE the document if it is still open, then close it. Then try uploading again.

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Have just tried twice more. I am sure the reason is that the doc is in a very strange form. Can I email it direct

jessmagz :

Is the document "closed" when you upload it? Or is it open in MS Word?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Closed. I upload from the title not the doc.

jessmagz :

What do you mean "I upload from the title, not the doc"?

jessmagz :

When you are in the upload process, you will locate the file to upload.

jessmagz :

You need to navigate to the location of the problem document so that you can select it for uploading, like the thing you did with the Agenda doc...

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Yes, I did the same as I did for the doc. that got through. wikisend want me to report the problem. Shall I do that?

jessmagz :

Oh...no... it means that there was a problem with the wikisend server....

jessmagz :

By the way, is the size of the problem doc too big? Like 30MB or more?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

No it is not a large doc but it goes on for many pages as there is one letter per line

jessmagz :

I am referring to the file size. Even though there are several pages in the document, what matters is the size of the file since wikisend will have trouble accepting huge files....

jessmagz :

The Agenda doc was just 127.5 KB in size. What about the problem doc? What is its size?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

No it may be 10 time the size of the agenda that I sent.

jessmagz :

Alright, can you still open the document in MS Word?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Yes, no problem

jessmagz :

How many pages are there in that doc? In the status bar it shall say "Page 1 of xxx"

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

21 pages but 19 have one letter per line. Probably 4 pages only with proper layout

jessmagz :

Ok. That is strange... The file must NOT be that big for wikisend to reject it...

jessmagz :

What exactly is the error message from wikisend that you are getting?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

3 pages will show the problem! Shall I try wikisend again?

jessmagz :

Yes, please give it another try.....

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

"We are sorry but an error occurred while uploading"

jessmagz :

Is that the error when you tried it recently?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Yes, just now

jessmagz :

Ok. In your MS Word, please do a Save As, then save the file in your Desktop screen.

jessmagz :

Please tell me when you are done saving a copy of the doc in your Desktop

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

I don't know whether it is in Desktop but it is certainly in documents

jessmagz :

Ok. Just open it in MS Word, then click on File => Save As

jessmagz :

It will allow you to save the doc in a different location. This time, select Desktop on the left panel in the Save As dialog box to save the document in your Desktop

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

OK in desktop

jessmagz :

Now, please try to upload that doc from the Desktop to wikisend

jessmagz :

Please upload the one in the Desktop, not the one from My Documents...

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

I can try a similar document and see if that works

jessmagz :

Yes please

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Sorry it is not worXXXXX, XXXXXe response

jessmagz :

Ok... Please try this sharing site:

jessmagz :

If the upload process is done, you shall get a link...please post that link here

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

I have my daughter here who is more adept and she will take over

jessmagz :

alright, thanks....

jessmagz :

I just need the download link from filedropper.com once you have uploaded the file

jessmagz :

Alright, i will now download it..hold on

jessmagz :

So the file name isXXXXX May 2013-problem.doc, right?

JACUSTOMER-3fzf4s1g- :

Yes.

jessmagz :

Alright, I got the file and I now see the problem.... Please give me a moment while I correct the problem...

jessmagz :

Hi, thank you for waiting... Here is the download link:

jessmagz :

I corrected the alignment of the logo....

jessmagz :

I also corrected the dropped lines....

jessmagz :

The problem basically in Page 2 is that the INDENT markers are pushed all the way to the right causing the affected text to drop down to the next lines.

jessmagz :

Here is my screen shot:

jessmagz :

Full Size Image

jessmagz :

However, before you move the indent markers, you need to FIRST select or highlight the affected text. Screen shot below:

jessmagz :

Full Size Image

jessmagz :

Now, when the texts are selected, drag the indent markers to the left and see if the text lines up correctly.

jessmagz :

You also need to adjust the right margin marker so that the page of the document will show up.

jessmagz :

Another way to correct the margin is by going to File => Page Setup. Set your margin there

jessmagz :

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated.

If you have any other questions, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer:

I think the problem is resolved. Thank you very much for your patience. I am sorry it took so long to get the information to you. I amd not the expert I would like to be!. John

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,

Thank you for writing back and for your Excellent service rating. I am really glad to be able to help you.

If you need assistance in the future, you can always request me by posting a question "For jessmagz". I will get back to you immediately. Also, there are other categories where you can post questions too. My fellow experts will be there to assist you.

Best regards,
Jess