Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

If there is a voice recording in onenote can it be moved to

If there is a voice recording in onenote can it be moved to power point? I can not get this to happen and different people for a project sent me their files and I need to get their recording into power point....please help! This is for a final grade
Welcome to

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you with this issue.

All we should have to do.. ( though you will have to do this for each recording)

Open one note.. right-click the audio file in OneNote and choose "Save As" to save it as a .WMA

Once it is saved as a wma .. you can then use the wma in powerpoint..

If you get stuck, or have any further questions please let me know!

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in one note it is already saved as a WMA. i have tried to right click and say save as but, when I do that it can only save as all files.

Thanks for replying.

What version of powerpoint do you have?

2003, 2007, 2010 ?

And when you add the sound file to powerpoint, what exact procedure are you using?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have power point 2010. the procedure that i am using is clicking on the insert tab clicking audio and saying audio form file and when i choose the file it says that the WMA is not compatible with power point

Wma is compatible with powerpoint, since wma is a windows format.. The link below shows that it is compatible

So, there must be some issue that is preventing powerpoint from understanding the file.

Can you take one of the sound files.. Right click it, click properties.

And tell me the full Type of full it calls itself on the general properties tab..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for all of your help. It worked!

Your very welcome.. If you have no further issues or questions, it would be appropriate to click one of the icons below, and rate the service.

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only