Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

I am having problems getting security set up on my laptop.

I am having problems getting security set up on my laptop. It uses VISTA Home Edition.

I have 2 User groups assigned - SUE, RON. SUE is the administrator of the PC. I want to create a folder that only RON can see and use.

So, I signed in as RON, created a folder and went to Properties, Security, and selected USERS(Sue-PC/Users) and hit DENY under Permission for Users. Now the folder (MembersK) is not accessible by any signon (SUE or RON) and cannot be deleted.

So, here is what I need:
1) Help me delete MembersK (since it is useless as it sits)
2) I signed on as RON and created a new folder - Membersron, but I don't know how to set up security so RON can see and update Membersron, but SUE cannot see or update the folder.

I would think that under Permissions for Membersron, I would see:
Everyone, SYSTEM, Administrators, and Users SUE and RON. Unfortunately, I don't see both Users - I see only Users(SUE-PC\Users). So, if I do what I did for MembersK and hit Deny for all options, I will (like above) make Membersron unaccessible to either User group.

Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Security permissions is a complicated issue. Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can chat with you help you directly?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but I have to log onto the laptop. I'm on my desktop. How do I sign on to my laptop and get in touch with you again?

Go to your email on the laptop, then open the email message from JustAnswer / Viet ... on your laptop, then you can get back to me via this web page on the laptop.

On the laptop, please go to the website below and allow the screenconnect program to run:

, or go to the shorter website below on the laptop:

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to my laptop, went to my email, found your email and hit the link (from my laptop). Now it says it is 'Waiting for the other party'. I guess that is you. Please answer my request from ScreenConnect.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX chat with you in a minute.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.