ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I am trying to uninstall several programs that I do not want.

I am trying to uninstall several programs that I do not want. When I do this it takes forever for anything to occur. I waited several hours to delete one and when I tried to delete another, it says to wait until the first had stopped uninstalling. I have never had an uninstall take anywhere near this long to delete. Do you have any idea what is wrong here?

ChrisC :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to help you today!

ChrisC :

I think the first thing we should entertain here is the possibility that it could be a performance issue.

ChrisC :

Id recommend doing a few things t clean the computer up and then trying the uninstalls again.

ChrisC :

To begin Id do a full scan using a free program called Malwarebytes

ChrisC :

You can find that by clicking here (download starts automatically)

ChrisC :

Just install and do a full scan, once the scan is done click show results, make sure all the boxes are checked, and then click remove selected

ChrisC :

While the scan is taking place, Id go to start\accessories\ and choose run. In the run box type "msconfig" without the quotes

ChrisC :

Click on the startup tab. In here uncheck everything except things related to printers or antivirus and click apply and ok.

ChrisC :

Once the scan is done and everything is removed, reboot and try the uninstalls again

ChrisC :

Let me know how this goes! If it doesnt help then we can ofcourse continue

ChrisC :

Otherwise please do remember to rate my answer!

ChrisC :

Thanks!

Customer:

Thanks. I will try this. But my wife just called me to dinner.

ChrisC :

No worries. Just bookmark this page so you can come back if you need to. And dont forget to rate me!

ChrisC :

Im going to be on most all day, so just reply if you need further assistance

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please cancel the Plus Membership. I appreciate your assistance, but I still have not been able to delete the programs. We are in serious financial difficulties now so cannot take advantage of the Plus program. Thank you anyhow.

Walt