NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

My name isXXXXX want to use Microsoft Office and my Product

Customer Question

My name isXXXXX want to use Microsoft Office and my Product Key does not work. How do I get a new one please? My HP laptop is 5 years old and it crashed 3 years ago and was put back to "factory settings".
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello John and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Chris and I will be happy to assist you.

Which version of office are you using and which product key are you trying to enter? Is it the one that came with office?

Is this copy of office on a CD or is it installed on the computer?

Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Chris. I would like to use Office 2010 which is installed (or any other) and I am trying to use the product key which is on the label stuck to the underside of this computer.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Did office come with the computer?

On the label stuck on the computer does it say office 2010 or does it say Windows 7 or something like that?

Many computers come with office installed however you must purchase a key to use it. Do you know if you purchased the key when you bought the computer or after?

I think you may be entering your windows license key from the sticker, have a look and let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. It says "windows 7 home prem OA" followed by a barcode and then a 25 digit number in 5 groups of 5.

I don't know if I bought the key when I bought the computer.

Regards. John

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hi John,

Ok that is not the office license key that is the license key for windows itself which is why it is not working.

We need to find out if you ever had an office license. Did you ever have a functioning copy of office on this computer and if so do you remember buying a key at any time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris

I had it for a trial period and don't remember ever buying a key, or being offered a key!

I think I am wasting your time and have just wasted £28 to get your help, when all I need to do is buy a Product Key!

Can I get my money back please?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
John,

Yes you can have your money back. I had just wanted to confirm that you never had a key because that was not clear, you are correct you just need to be a license key to use it past the trial.

I will send your question to customer service for a refund at this time.

In the the future if you ever need to speak to a professional for your computer please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thank you,
Chris