businesslegions
businesslegions, IT Consultant
Experience:  An IT Consultant with over 10 years experience
72952988

I have an ACCESS 2010 (windows 7) and I ceated few years ago

I have an ACCESS 2010 (windows 7) and I ceated few years ago two very imporant files with hundreds of clients and many details about them. All of a sudden the Files names appear but instead of the regular REDDIsh 'A' sign beside the names appears a rosy colour and a window opens that tells me that the computer can't find the files. What can I do. I am sure that I did not erase them. many thanks CustomerItzhak
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professionals to assist you with your Question , but sometimes finding the right professionals can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. I have a MICROSOFT ACCESS 10

2. The missing files are: >mdb<שמות and >mdb.תלמידי גלי הדר<

These names appear when I open ACCESS but with a Weird rosy sign beside each name. clicking the names opens a window that tells me that they don't find the files. I never erased them and th ey worked well until few days ago.

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Rachel
Expert:  businesslegions replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

Can you please install a program called grepwin from here: <click here>

Then install.

Run the program and perform a search for the term: תלמידי גלי הדר
And see if it can find that file.

Select c:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to upload >prepWin-1.6.1msi, but a windoes poped out and said: "This install-package is not supported in my processor".

So, what to do ?

Please try grepWin-1.6.1-64.msi

you probably have a windows 64 bit OS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to install grepWin-1.6.1-64.msi and the same pop window came up tekking me that: "This install-package is not supported in my processor".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried everythng in File Search with no results. But now I discovered that the File Names, re: mdb.תלמידי גלי הדר is attached to the emblem >P< (POWER POINT) in rose colour instead of >A< in orange colour (ACCESS) . may be that the problem lies here.

are you able to open access and then see if you can open the file with the P.

Alternatively, try to find any files with *.mdb extensions or the other file you mentioned שמות

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SUddenly I double-clicked on the 'P' icon, and choose to open the file with 'ACCESS" and and my files came back, Many thanks.

No problem. Glad that it works.

businesslegions, IT Consultant
Experience: An IT Consultant with over 10 years experience