businesslegions
businesslegions, IT Consultant
Experience:  An IT Consultant with over 10 years experience
72952988

Hello again. I have windows 8 and 2013 office. recently something

Customer Question

Hello again. I have windows 8 and 2013 office. recently something happened with my documents. I cannot open my word document and receive a massage word cannot start the converter Wks9Pxy. I tried repair office already but nothing changed. what do you think?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist. Please go to this link and download the repair tool for that file. Let me know how it works.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already tried this before. not working. also i went to control panel and programs and right click on converter and repair it. also not working

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.
Ok Agnes. I will go ahead and opt out here and let someone else have a try at this. Have a great day.

Chris
Expert:  businesslegions replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

Instead of repairing can you uninstall the converter.

Then reboot and see if the problem occurs.

Then install the converter, reboot and test again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

already done in meanwhile. not working

Just to confirm, when you uninstalled (and NOT installed it again) the converter did the message appear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not check. I just unistalled and installed again. And then I checked. Now I unistalling 2013 office and will install again. and I will see as I have no clue what is going on.

No, can you please uninstall. Then test to make sure that the converter program is the problem.

Do not reinstall the software as I will need you to perform other tasks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I uninstalled a converter and still is the same. actually I have some .wps files which i cannot open ( I just done some research about it). in this case I also need this converter 6-9. I did not installed a converter yet.

Wps are actually Microsoft works files. Which program are you using to open these files?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

word. but actually I'm just converting these files. I even do not know how it was happened that I cannot open them as a maybe week or 2 weeks aga I could. maybe i deleted something. Anyway Thnx for help I'm converting them to docx files.

Yes best to convert them to docx files so that you can edit the files.