NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I HAVE 35 DAYS OF WEEKDAY DATA ENTERED AS BELOW:DATEBEG

Customer Question

I HAVE 35 DAYS OF WEEKDAY DATA ENTERED AS BELOW:

DATE
BEG AR
SALES
COLLECTIONS
END AR

IN CELL B10 I ENTER THE EXPECTED NUMBER OF DAYS TO COLLECT SALES. THIS IF FOR CASH FORECASTING SO I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE THIS NUMBER (FOR EXAMPLE FROM 21 TO 19) AND HAVE THE COLLECTIONS ON DAY 19 AND 20 CHANGE FROM 0 TO THE SALES VALUES ON DAYS 1 AND 2. COLLECTIONS FOR ALL DAYS SHOULD HAVE THE SAME FORMULA AND I AM TRYING TO DO THIS USING IF, COUNT AND CHOOSE
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask you to upload a copy of an Excel document that you can use to show me what you are describing?

Thank you.

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The upload file number is 834788

Thank you.

Please, walk me through two examples. Specify which value you are going to change and which results are expected in which cells.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jason,

Hopefully this will get to you. This morning each time I hit reply I got a message that I did not have access to the server. Cell B10 will be manually changed, for example from 21 to 19 or perhaps 15, etc. The formula for each day for collections should take into account the number of days in B10 and pick the correct days sales to become collections. For example, if B10 contains 21, Jan. 22 collections (W6)should show the contents of Jan. 1 sales (B5). If B10 contains 19, Jan. 22 collections (W6) should show the contents of Jan. 3 sales (D5). The collections formula needs to handle any number of days entered in B10 and CHOOSE the sales from the correct day to show as collections for that day.

Scott

Thank you for the update.

"How" is the formula supposed to know that if 21 is the value in B10, that it should look in the Jan 1 value cell? In the same way, how is it supposed to know to show the contents of the Jan 3 sales?