Lindie-mod
Lindie-mod,
6610965

I need to write an Excel Macro to calculate interests on several

Customer Question

I need to write an Excel Macro to calculate interests on several principal amts. My interest period is different for each principal amt. In most cases, there are multiple interest rates within an int period.

I have a list of principal amts and the int periods (start_date, end_date) in my 1st worksheet.

I have a table of Int Rates in my 2nd wksheet.

Now, i need to write a macro to calculate the interest....I am having a difficult time on how to go to my interest rate table and select the correct interest rates that falls within my interest period.

Can someone help. Thanks.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

You will want to use a VLookup to return the Interest Rate.

So in your example, you would want a formula similar to this

=VLOOKUP(PERIOD HERE,RANGE FOR INTEREST RATES AND PERIOD,COLUMN IN RANGE THAT HAS THE VALUE)

So if the Interest sheet is Interest, and A and B have the Period and Rate, then your forumla is.

=vlookup(PERIOD YOU SEARCH,interest!a:interest!b ,2)

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure how this will work. Can i send u my spreadsheet. Also, please note i need a macro to calc since i will have to di this multiple times. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, please upload it and tell me the columns being used.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great will send this evening. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent u the link..hope u got it....couldnt find the reply to expert box on my cmp..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to tell me the File ID please in this message

- Upload the file to that website
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its 903494...for some reason my phone allows me to reply but not my computer..the reply box doesnt show up.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

So which date in sheet1 do I use to show the rate to use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok..in sheet1, the 1st amountt is $1,000 and I need to calculate the int from 1/1/2010 to 4/30/2013.

the 2nd is $2,000.00..int from 5/1/2001 to 12/31/2011..and so on.

I need the macro to be able to go to the rates sheet and pick up the correct rates for each period so for instance, the rates for the 1st period will be the base on int interval l 1/1/2010 - 1/4/2012 @ 3.25%

1/5/2012- 9/13/2012 @ 3.25%

9/14/2012 - 4/30/2013 @ 3.25%

Now these happen to be the same rate for all the intervals, but in the 2nd amt for $2,000, it is more complicated.

THanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I need to log off now, as when I initially took this question it was a much earlier on.

Another Expert will pick this up and look at completing it for you.

You do not need to do anything, and they can review everything here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok..thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi Richard..i just sent the link with the wiki id..hope u got it. thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
received for the next expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi richard..please know that no one has followed up with my question. Please let me know if u need more info. Thanks
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away with your Excel issue, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can wait. Thanks
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another professional to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue to look..i still have time. Thanks.
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right professionals to assist our customers. We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source, or we can keep your deposit on your account here for future questions.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Rachel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all ur help. I will like to get a refund please.