Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a Microsoft Outlook non commercial I keep getting a

Customer Question

I have a Microsoft Outlook non commercial I keep getting a drop down box asking for my network password XXXXX enter the same as my Yahoo password XXXXX it does not work and I can't get e mail via outlook. I can get e mail via my Yahoo account but prefer Outlook. I contacted BT earlier and they told me it wasn't a BT Yahoo issue but Microsoft
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me please which version of Outlook this is?

eg: 2010, 2013?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe it's 2007

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve.

First I want to make sure you have the post Service Hotfix installed for Outlook as it had this problem corrected in this Hotfix.

Can you click this link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957909

Download the hotfix, close all programs and run it.

Then restart your computer and test outlook.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Richie but it's a 2003 version can you help?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can Steve.

Go to Tools, Email Accounts, then click on your account and click Change.

Then re-enter your password XXXXX there.

Does it accept it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I'm afraid not i'm still getting a drop down box asking me to enter a network password, the password XXXXX XXXXX same as the IP (Yahoo) but still won't download to outlook!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you change the password XXXXX per my previous instructions Steve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

In that screen, click on More Settings.

Then go to Outgoing Server and check if your password XXXXX XXXXX specified there and re-enter it.

Can you do this,save, restart outlook and rest.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richie, I don't have the more settings option, only new,repair, change or remove

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to first click Change Steve, then you see More Settings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my password XXXXX specified on the outgoing server box, use same settings as incoming server is highlighted. Should I enter the details ? and on the log on box also?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier.

Go to Click Me

Click the Orange Play button

Download and run the program and click Share

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (eg: 456-789-123)

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

209-056-982

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Logged on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Fixed!
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi although it seemed all was well at our last communication I'm still getting the 'enter network' password drop down box in outlook, Also I can now not receive or send e mails vcia mine or my wifes iPhone?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You changed your Yahoo password Steve, did you update it on the Phones?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have but still being asked for a password or saying 'cannot get mail' stating user name or password is incorrect. I also keep getting the enter network password on outlook

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
are you able to log in at

http://mail.yahoo.com ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I can get e mail this way and it appears on outlook but the enter network password drop down box is still appearing on outlokk

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Click Start, Control Panel.

Type in the top right Mail and click it.

Click Show Profiles, then click Add Profile.

Add a new profile, entering in your details.

Once created, set thiss profile as default on the show profiles screen and open outlook.

Let me know the results with this new profile please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've done as you ask but when I've completed I'm getting the enter network password again halting my progress

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
whe n exactly,

when you save the profile

when you open outlook

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When it searches for the server

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes but when Steve?

When you are making the profile

When you have saved it and open outlook

when you try to check emails

Remember I am not there so I need you to be detailed please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just after creating the new profile I get a drop down, named add new e mail account to configure the settings establish network connection is ticked as is the as is the search for server settings but the log on to test is crossed then I get the network password message

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do the following, then try to add it please

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
On the File menu, click Export.
In the Save in box, select a location where you want to save the .reg file.
Type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
On the File menu, click Exit.
Remove the user account information
Important Do not remove the main
Protected Storage System Provider
key. This key is not automatically regenerated. If you do not have password retention problems and you do not remember your password, deleting the user subkey may cause you not to be able to retrieve your mail.

Exit all programs.
Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box , and then click OK
On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
Click the registry key for the user who is currently logged on. Then, make sure that the Read and Full Control permissions are both set to Allow.
Click Advanced. Then, verify that the user who is currently logged on is selected, that Full Control is listed in the Permissions column, and that This Key and Subkeys is listed in the Apply to column.
Click to select the Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects check box.
Click Apply, and then click Yes to continue.
Click Ok two times
Double-click the Protected Storage System Provider key to expand the key. Click the user subkey folder that is directly underneath the
Protected Storage System Provider
key, click Delete on the Edit menu, and then click Yes in the warning message dialog box.

The user subkey folder resembles the following example:

S-1-5-21-124525095-708259637-1543119021-16701

Note For every identity that you have, there may be a subkey under the
Protected Storage System Provider
key. To resolve this issue in all identities, you must delete all the user subkeys folders that are under the
Protected Storage System Provider
key.
On the Registry menu, click Exit. Then, restart the computer.

The try and Let me know the results please