Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a table with records in sheet1. Each line a record.

Customer Question

I want to display in the sheet2 only the record I click on from a dropdown list that is located on sheet2.
I need to show the whole record with all the cells on sheet2 but not in a single line, I want to show each cell from the sheet1 record on different places, like a OrderForm. So it basically just populates a "form" on sheet2 based on what record is selected on sheet1.
It would be ok to simply select the record on sheet one, then switch to sheet2 and see the data there in an order form. (But not all data in a single row).
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can I look at this sheet please to get a better idea?

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is the file ID: 602788

Klaus

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

What you are trying to create is a database, which you cannot achieve with the functionality you want in Excel Klaus.

Do you have MS Access there? and do you want me to create this for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Actually, I know how to do this in Access or openoffice.org. I do not have Access at this point on this new win 8 computer, but I do have the openoffice.org version.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will need MS Access to do this.

But I made a workaround for you in Excel.

If you copy the whole Row
(so click on the row number and then right click and copy.

Then Past it into the Sheet Show into Row 1

then it will show it. Test and let me know please. You can download the Excel file here.

http://wikisend.com/download/185976/BulkWoodPelletOrder.xlsx

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well that is what I was trying to avoid. I can do that myself. I thought there would be a way to script something like that in VB? Well I guess I am going to take a whole different approach on this. I have to rethink this whole idea. Thank you for your time.

Klaus

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, as you do not know the record selected (as this is not a Database program).

Klaus, I really advise you to look at MS Access, what you want Excel is not made for, this is what they made MS Access for.

It also offers you a lot more power eg: Reporting, Financial overview, and forms such as this a lot easier to make.

Feel free to ask for more information, and please, if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I need to rethink. Does this mean for a No Go that I am paying this whole amount?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The payment which you made as a deposit is for my service.

I am able to get you the workaround solution which I did, but that is as far as you can go with Excel and Databasing.

I advise if you want a proper solution based on the requirements you specified in this question, MS Access needs to be used for this.

This is what the payment is for, as I can only do what is technically possible, and inform what needs to be done, if it is not.

This is what you paid for in regards XXXXX XXXXX service (which you need to rate please), as you not having MS Access is out of my control.

If you need anything else, please just let me know.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry that I disagree. But I asked for something specifically and you should have answered with NO. Not give me a workaround that is not a solution for me AND then change direction and tell me this is out of your control since I do not have some other software and now make it my fault that this cannot be done. A simple answer no not possible would have done for your services and that is not worth $ 60.00 or whatever the fee was. As an expert you should have handled it this way and not drag it on so you can "justify" a fee!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your the customer, if you do not want to pay anyone for their time thats your choice.

This is a pretty simple no I told you

"What you are trying to create is a database, which you cannot achieve with the functionality you want in Excel Klaus"

You can just say you dont want to pay, but please if you wish to say why my services was bad, be more accurate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried your services, just answer, the fourth time now and this will be the last time. I gave it another chance. But I tell you, you need to read the specifics in the previous post. I was very specific. But it seems to me that you really are not an expert because you do not even understand what I said. You are a joke. AND by the way I am willing to pay. I would have paid you $ 100.00 if you would have solved my issue. You did not ... other than telling me it cannot be done. Again as an expert to tell somebody you cannot do it, asking that kind of money is outrageous and a plain rip off!!! I still know what is right and what is wrong in this society! Do not come with I do not want to pay argument. First you need to deliver my friend.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I delivered

Download it again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I never downloaded it because that is not a solution to go copy paste. I could have done that myself. Sorry but you keeping to try to pretend that you found a solution for what I asked is not going to make it happen. I told you that copy and paste is not a solution. You said yourself it is a workaround. I am not looking for workarounds from an expert!. The way you behave is making you even less of an expert sorry. But this conversation is over. I have a company to run here. You have a good day.

Go and review all my posts!

Klaus

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You copy a whole row and past in on another row, takes 2 seconds.

But it doesnt matter, you are not even reading my statements or reviewing my files.

Your problem is you are yourself doing this whole solution as a workaround, in Excel.

Anyway, no need to respond.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
responding to the Bad service as I have to

Nothing to discuss.

Do not reply.