The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

Hello, I am using Excel 2010. I want to copy the contents of

Hello, I am using Excel 2010. I want to copy the contents of a cell (let’s say AR112) from a sheet in an Excel Workbook to different cell (let’s say BU3) on the same sheet in the same workbook.
BU
1
2
3 =AR112
4 =AR477
5 =AR842
6 =AR1207
7 =AR1572
8 =AR1937

As you can see, the formula entered into cell location BU3 would result in displaying the information that cell location AR112 would contain. In cell BU4; BU5; BU6……….and so on, the column location has not changed but the row location has increased by 365. Is there a way that this arrangement can be automated to go on to, say, BU1000 without entering each formula individually by hand?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

The-PC-Guy :

so if I am to understand correctly

The-PC-Guy :

you want the value in BU3 to = ar112 value

The-PC-Guy :

then increase it by 365 with each successive row

Customer:

Yes,

The-PC-Guy :

alright, may not be possible without a macro

The-PC-Guy :

but I will try to do it with a formula first

Customer:

ok

The-PC-Guy :

see if this one works

The-PC-Guy :

sorry, still working on it

The-PC-Guy :

found a bug,

The-PC-Guy :

give me a few more minutes

Customer:

ok

The-PC-Guy :

so the first one is in cell BU3

The-PC-Guy :

and it will be =ar112

The-PC-Guy :

2nd will be in BU4 and =ar477 and so on

Customer:

In actuallity the first one is in BV5 and =S7 the second one will be in BV6 = S372 and so on

The-PC-Guy :

ok that is a little different then what you first asked for

The-PC-Guy :

but i can make the changes

The-PC-Guy :

BV5 = S7

The-PC-Guy :

BV6 = S372

The-PC-Guy :

BV7 = S677

The-PC-Guy :

or something like that

Customer:

Sorry, the first one was hypothetical just to see if it could be done.

The-PC-Guy :

ok

The-PC-Guy :

i want to give you the correct forumla

The-PC-Guy :

so need the correct values

The-PC-Guy :

can you give me the first 5 example values

Customer:

The-PC-Guy :

yup got that

The-PC-Guy :

what are the first 5 actual values you want to use

Customer:

BV5 = S7

Customer:

BV6 = S372

Customer:

BV7 = S737 BV8 =S1102 BV9 =S1467

The-PC-Guy :

ok that is good, I have the pattern now

The-PC-Guy :

thankx

The-PC-Guy :

put this formula is

The-PC-Guy :

in

The-PC-Guy :

cell

Customer:

ok

The-PC-Guy :

BV6

The-PC-Guy :

=INDIRECT("S"&((ROW()-5)*365)+7,TRUE)

The-PC-Guy :

then you can copy down the entire BV column

The-PC-Guy :

and it will work

The-PC-Guy :

BV5 just leave as

The-PC-Guy :

=S7

The-PC-Guy :

so it starts the patter

The-PC-Guy :

n

The-PC-Guy :

I HAVE ENABLED THE RATING BUTTON

The-PC-Guy :

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM REIMBURSED FOR MY TIME

Customer:

I will not forget......I will try the formula and then rate right away

The-PC-Guy :

please do, make sure you start by pasting the formula in BV6

The-PC-Guy :

or it will not work

The-PC-Guy :

then you can copy and paste down the entire BV column to BV1000 or however much you need

The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.