Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Hi I purchased from PC world yesterday Microsoft office 2013.

Hi I purchased from PC world yesterday Microsoft office 2013. I entered my product key, signed in put United Kingdom and it started downloading in French. How do I change this back to United Kingdom?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

In order to help I will need some further information.

Did you purchase the CD of office or was this a digital download?

Also at this point is the software installed but it is in French?

Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi XXXXX went to PC world and they supply you with a credit type card with product key. you then go to www.office.com and downlaod from there

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX was a downloadable version. Were you able to install it? Are the office programs now on your computer under all programs? OR did you only get as far as downloading?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All downloaded but in French not English

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but what I need to know is, are the programs installed? For example can you open word but the interface is in French?

Also which version of windows are you using please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes all programs are installed but in French. and I am using windows 8

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok you may have downloaded te french version but lets see if we can change that.

Please try the following and let me know what happens.

Open a Microsoft Office program, such as Word.

Click the File tab (top Left).

Click Options (second from the bottom).

Click Language (5th option on the list).

In the Set the Office Language Preferences dialog box, under Choose Editing Languages, select the editing language that you want to use, click the name of the language that you want to be the default language, click Set as Default.
After you change the default editing language, you need to close all your Office programs, and then open them again for the change to take effect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will come back to you shortly

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will be here.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris

I have tried to log into office word and I keep getting a message that it has stopped working

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Are you unable to open word at all now?

Would you like me to do a remote desktop session with you where I could connect to your computer and have a look to see if I can sort this out for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please but you will have to give me a minute as it is my laptop and I am on my main computer at moment in cabin

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok please respond to me from the laptop and then we can start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so. Windows 8 will sometimes block the connection so make sure you choose to allow.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=72432976-d6cf-453e-93c0-8ba7ac60ee0c&SUPPORT=NET

.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris now on laptop

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. Just so we have record of our work, it seems that your license key is only allowing for the download of the french version of office.

Since today is a bank holiday you will ring microsoft in the morning and speak to a representitive and see if there is an issue with a license. They should be able to sort this as you already paid for the product. I am guessing they will either provide the proper english download or at least the english language pack so we can convert this to english.

You may wish to tell them we checked all of your settings and your computer language and regions are set to the correct language and region.

There was no problem found on your end with your set up so it must be the license key.

Please let me know if the morning how it goes. Remember I am in the US so I may be asleep when you reply but I will get back to you as soon as I possible can.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris I have sorted the language problem I had to purchase a language pack which has done the trick, However, every time I log in it stops working any ideas

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Oh no, I did not want you to buy the language pack, I knew that would sort it but wanted to avoid you having to pay more money, but if you are happy with that I guess it is OK.

Since it stops working I think you need to repair the install.

While on the Start screen, swipe up and touch the All apps icon. With a mouse, right-click anywhere on the Start screen and then click All apps.

On the Apps screen, swipe or scroll to the right and find the Windows System category.

Press or click on the Control Panel icon under Windows System.

Next click on uninstall a program.

In the list of programs locate office and right click it and choose change.

A box will open up and one of the options will be to repair. Choose repair and let it run and see if that corrects the issue.

If it does not let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris I don't know if I am doing it right but it is still showing as stopped working closing programme

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to run the repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes no problem

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok shall I remote in again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes Please

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=98e3030c-9054-4014-82a7-1fea077545dd&SUPPORT=NET

.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Please rate my service.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.