Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

How do I email a worksheet from Excel and not the whole workbook.

How do I email a worksheet from Excel and not the whole workbook. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and used to be able to do it from the old windows excel programme. I could just send one worksheet as the body of the email. Is this still possible?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

You need to send just a Sheet by doing the following

Select the cells you want to send (or click in the corner between A & 1).

On the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Mail Recipient.

If prompted whether to send the entire workbook or just the current sheet, click Send the current sheet as the message body.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The file menu only gives the option of sending an email and then even though I selected only the one worksheet it attaches the whole workbook without asking about the current sheet. I used to be able to do it your way before upgrading to Windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which version of Office are you using Jill?

2010?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't remember - where do I find that info on the computer?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When you open Excel it will say eg: EXCEL 2010

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is Microsoft Office 2007

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jill,

Then the instructions should work. I have a guide you can also follow.

Click Me

Can you please tell me exactly where you get stuck?

Thank you

Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I finally found what you were talking about!

I managed to send the worksheet.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!

It can help with picture sometimes Jill.

Thank you