Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues

Outlook search function returns results starting 30 days ago.

Customer Question

Outlook search function returns results starting 30 days ago. How do I get it to search everything from today backward?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you close Outlook

Go to Start, Control Panel

Click System Maintenance, and then click Indexing Options.

Click Advanced.
Click Rebuild.
Open Outlook and test.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did not find "System Maintenance" in Control Panel

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you search for it please in Control Panel (Search box is in the top right)

Tell me please if it still will not locate it.

Thank you Ken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's indexing something in Outlook but it looks as if it's going to take a while.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It can depending o how many emails you have Ken, but the index would have failed about 30 days ago.

This can happen, and you then need to re-index which we just did.

Let it complete and when it has, your search will be functioning correctly again.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It finished indexing but the Search function did not work at all after it finished. I'm re-indexing right now. Actually I found the "Rebuild" function so I clicked that. Looks to be the same thing as indexing because that's what it's doing now.

Ken XXXXXXX

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ken,

If after indexing it still does not work correctly, it can indicate an issue with the Hard Disk.

I would then want you to do the following please.

Download CC Cleaner (free) from here

CC Cleaner

(Click Download Latest Version on the top right)

Run it and let it scan and repair your registry.

Once done, restart the computer

Than

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /f

Press enter.

It will complain the Volume is in use and to run on restart. Say YES and restart the computer

Than rebuild and test.

Let me know the results please

Thank you