Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Have been using MS Office since
59162784

I have three scheets in my workbook: "MASTER", "Groups&

Customer Question

I have three scheets in my workbook: "MASTER", "Groups", and "SC".

My "MASTER" sheet contains a summer camp schedule: groups in column A and days/times in rows 2, 3, and 4. Monday, period 1 starts in C6.

At times, groups play each other in sports. I want to show on the group schedules when a group is playing another group and show on the sport's schedule that two groups are playing each other.

I need to keep the existing formulas but add to them please.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can I look at the file please? It will be easier.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

448032

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,

Where and how do you want to see the schedules when they play each other Adam?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On the "Groups" and "SC" sheet, I would like to see when a group is playing another. For example, G2 and G4 are playing each other in soccer on Mondays, period 1 (SC in orange, C17 and C18 on the "MASTER" sheet.

On the "Groups" sheet, scroll to the "Giborim 2" schedule. Unhide the cells above row 18 and below 26. (the data below row 26 is on the first schedules in groups, "Chaverim 2)

FZ7 pulls the data from the "MASTER" sheet for Monday, period 1. FZ18 uses that data (with the data below row 26) to show the activity Giborim 2 will go to period 1.

1. I would like please FZ18 to show "Soccer with C4" instead of just "Soccer".

2. I would please like then the "SC" sheet to show "G2 - G vs. G4 - G" instead of just "G2 - G" in cell E17.

I also need to maintain the current formulas.

Love Excel but need some help.

Thank you Richie!!

Sincerely,

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Adam.

Sorry but for this I will opt out for another expert that is better suited.

you do not need to do anything, they will be with you shortly.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand Richie. Thank you for your effort and for not responding quicker. Any idea how long it should be?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, it depends on when an expert picks it up, this is usually pretty quick though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you possibly upgrade the complexity of my question from moderate to high?

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away with your Microsoft issue, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lindie,

Yes, I will continue to wait. Appreciate your moderation of my topic!

Could you possibly up the complexity level of my question from moderate to high and substitute the following for my question.

Thank you,

Adam

On the "Groups" sheet, scroll to the "Giborim 2" schedule. Unhide the cells above row 18 and below 26. (the data below row 26 is on the first schedules in groups, "Chaverim 2")

1. Using the above example for "Giborim 2",I would like please FZ18 to show "Soccer with C4" instead of just "Soccer".

2. Using the above example for "Giborim 2", I would please like then the "SC" sheet to show "G2 - G vs. G4 - G" instead of just "G2 - G" in cell E17. Currently, "SC" only picks up the first group that has that activity. When applicable, I want the formula to pick up the second group and include it, in this example in cell E17.

Love Excel but need some help.

Thank you!!

Sincerely,

Adam

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lindie,

Thank you for your continued assistance. Just checking... did you "up" my question complexity to high from moderate and did you update/edit the question information I sent earlier?

Thank you,

Adam XXXXX

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi Adam,

Yes, your question is high priority and open to all professionals.

Thank you

Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lindie,

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX priority is still moderate, its the level of the question that is perhaps high and not moderate. The update/edit to my question is below. Thanks again!

Edit/update:

Love Excel but need some help.

Thank you!!

Sincerely,
Adam

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I have read through your explanation several times and have walked myself through the examples as well. I feel that there is a lot of information being left out.

--- When you say 'Soccer with C4', do you mean to say 'Soccer with CE'? If not, what is C4 and where do you get it from?
--- "How" is the formula in the cell supposed to know that "with C4" is to be appended?

--- "Where" does the value "G4 - G" come from and how is the cell's formula supposed to know if that is supposed to be appended?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jason,

Do you have access to the file I uploaded yesterday as I believe this will show you the answers to your questions?

Thank you,

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
(I can of course upload the file)

Love Excel but need some help.

Thank you!!

Sincerely,
Adam
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have access to the uploaded file.

As stated before, I looked at the document, read your instructions several times, but I need answers to my questions.

Please, answer my questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Gotcha.

'

Giborim 2 (G2) and C4 are groups listed in column A on the sheet "MASTER"

--- "How" is the formula in the cell supposed to know that "with C4" is to be appended? That is what I am trying to learn; how to learn to append on condition.

I believe the answer to this question is what I answered for the previous one.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

I have setup, created, written scores of thousands of worksheets.

Please, answer the question below. "Where" is "C4" coming from and how is the sheet supposed to know to append it?

Please, explain it to me as if I were a very young child.
ie: If cell ?? equals this, then I want "????" to be in this cell and I want this cell to read "??????"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The data from group C4 is coming from cell V7 on the "MASTER" sheet. C2's data is coming from cell V6 on the "MASTER" sheet. In the "Groups" sheet, Chaverim 2 (C2) shows in cell H7 that SC or soccer in being played period 1. The formula =HLOOKUP(G7,MASTER!V4:AL9,3,0)" is pulling the activity data from the "MASTER" sheet. H18 then shows "Soccer" using the formula =VLOOKUP(G18,G31:H80,2,0).

In the case that two groups are playing each other, I would like the cell (in this case H18) to show "Soccer with C4" instead of just "soccer.

On the "SC" sheet, cell H6 pulls the group data from the "MASTER" sheet by using the formula

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(G6,MASTER!V6:W44,2,0),"11OFF")

Cell H17 uses formula =REPLACE(H6,1,2," ") to show "C2" in the cell but when two groups are playing each other I would like the cell (in this case H17) to read "C2 vs. C4".

Hope I am making more sense Jason.

Appreciate your help!!

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the update.

This does make more sense. This is a lot more complicated than previously thought. It would take me quite a while to complete this project for you and I do not have that amount of time.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completely understand Jason. Thank you.
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Adam,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another professional to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Lindie,

How about if we "upped" the price of the response to about $60-$70 to attract others?

Thank you,

Adam

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi Adam

Thank you for your reply. To better serve you, I will forward your questions to Customer Service where a Representative will contact you via email.

Thank you
Lindie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Adam

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. Please do not rate this session until it has been completed.

Do you mind if the changes are done in VBA? Or would you prefer it if it was all done with macros?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
J,

What is VBA?

Thank you,
Adam
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Visual Basic for Applications .. it's used to do more complex calculations in all Microsoft Office products
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What am I currently using, macros. Also, I know how to use and alter the formulas currently in the workbook, so if it could be done like is has been probably be the best.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Ok. In that case I'll have to opt out because I'm more well-versed in VBA. If you don't find anyone or change your mind, please feel free to reply to me here and I'll still see it since I've had an exchange with you already.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understand J. Thank you.
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Rachel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rachel,

Sure, lets keep looking please; can't hurt.

Thank you!

Adam

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Rachel
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Any thoughts on doing this in VBA instead yet? I could comment the code very thoroughly for you so that you could see what is happening and why.