Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I would like to include charts in MS Excel 2007 to bring my

Customer Question

I would like to include charts in MS Excel 2007 to bring my data to life. I have year over year volumes purchased by product per customer per quarter. I believe a bar or line chart would be good so i can spot trends in customer orders over the years by product.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

You need to select all the data.

Then click to add a chart and it will ask you as part of the process to choose exactly which data to use.

you can then massage the data the way you wish into the Chart.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to "set up" the data side by side or how can I choose this column and that column from separate worksheets?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you can choose as you which, hold CTRL and select the Data you want if it is not side by side Brian.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks. I will try and get back to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't make sense of this chart or how to manipulate. I have several worksheets separated by year. It would help if I could post an image of this workbook. Anyway, I want to create separate worksheets for each customer's year over year purchases per products we sell.
How can i group all of the worksheets into one combined worksheet so i can create a chart. Also, will the chart evolve as new numbers are added?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The chart will evolve with new numbers added.

Copy and past the contents of all 4 sheets into one Brian.

Then make the chart on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that easy. The customer names change from year to year. So, is it best to leave data in original spot or combine all into one worksheet?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it is correlated data, then all in one worksheet.

I would have the customers original name in a separate column and base it on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all of my tabs for: 2012-2013; 2011-2012; 2010-2011 and so on.
To build a chart for a customer I've created their own tab, but I'm having to reference all of these other worksheets to get the data.
Is their an easier way?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Maybe if you used MS Access there is, but not within excel as you have to reference the data Brian.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked out an MS Excel 2010 book from the library and figured it out on my own.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok