Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am working on a Word document. I tried to save my work, but

I am working on a Word document. I tried to save my work, but I got a message saying that the disk is full. That cannot be true. I tried to save on a flashdrive and I got the same message. This had happened to me before. Apparently the problem is with a .plist file, I think is the auto recover. Back then I called Microsoft and they guided me to find a .plist file and drop it in the trash can (I am using a MacBook Pro). I cannot remember how to do this. Please help!
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you please do the following to remove the file which does cause this problem.

Quit all Microsoft Office for Mac programs.

On the Go menu, click Home.

Open Library.

Note The Library folder is hidden in MAC OS X Lion. To display this folder, hold down the OPTION key while you click the Go menu.

Open the Preferences folder.

Look for a file that is named com.microsoft.Word.plist.

If you locate the file, move it to the desktop. If you do not locate the file, the program is using the default preferences.

If you locate the file and move it to the desktop, start Word, and check whether the problem still occurs. If the problem still occurs, quit Microsoft Word, and restore the file to its original location.

Then, go to the next step. If the problem seems to be resolved, you can move the com.microsoft.Word.plist file to the trash.

On the Go menu, click Home.

Open Library.

Open the Preferences folder.

Open the Microsoft folder.

Locate the file that is named com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist.

Move the file to the desktop.

Start Word, and check whether the problem still occurs. If the problem still occurs, quit Word, and restore the file to its original location. Then, go to the next step. If the problem seems to be resolved, you can move the com.microsoft.Word.prefs.plist file to the trash.

On the Go menu, click Home.

Open Library.

Open the Application Support folder.

Open the Microsoft folder.

Open the Office folder.

Open the User Templates folder.

Locate the file that is named Normal, and move the file to the desktop.

Start Word and check whether the problem still occurs. If the problem seems to be resolved, you can move the Normal file to the Trash. If the issue continues to occur,please let me know so I can assist you further.

Thank you