Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience

I tried to transfer documents and photos from my internal C:

Customer Question

I tried to transfer documents and photos from my internal C: drive to a large external USB drive using easy transfer. Both drives are from Windows 7 computers. The easy transfer file was placed on the USB drive instead. Now the photos are gone but the document files were transferred.

Now I am unable to open the easy transfer file or obtain the photos. No error message is given when I try.

When I reboot I have an error message 0x80070002
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Dan :

Hi my name is Dan and I will be assisting you with your problem today!

Dr. Dan :

Sometimes when files don't successfully copy they are returned to the source

Dr. Dan :

Are the pictures still on the C:?

Customer :

The pictures are still on C: I was trying to copy the pictures from C: to my M: external drive which had all of the photos. The transfer removed the pictures from the M: drive and I am unable to retrive them.

Customer :

I lost internet service earlier.

Customer :

I lost internet service earlier. Yes the photos are still on C: I was attempting to transfer the documents and photos from C: to my M: external drive with more memory and with all of the photos. Easy transfer removed my photos and documents from M: and I guess they are in my easy transfer file but I am unable to open or find files.

Customer :

I gave up on the easy transfer and have used some old Dos tricks to copy and restore the files I needed.

Customer :

Thanks anyway

Dr. Dan :

Sure, I was going to recommend that instead of using easy transfer if you already have the files on your C:\ still you can just do a simple copy and paste or a move command and copy the files over

Dr. Dan :

You don't need third party software to transfer files as your operating system should be able to handle them just fine

Dr. Dan :

Have you been able to successfully transfer your file?

Dr. Dan :

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If it did please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them below and I will gladly continue to assist you!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr Dan,

As I told you in my last email that after loosing on the internet I left to
run some a trip.

When I returned you were not available so I gave up on easy transfer and just copied and pasted the needed files.

Thank you anyway, I am sure with time and more information you could have solved the problem.

I really have no way to rate you since you never had a chance to try to fix the problem

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the update