Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

I tried to transfer documents and photos from my internal C:

Customer Question

I tried to transfer documents and photos from my internal C: drive to a large external USB drive using easy transfer. Both drives are from Windows 7 computers. The easy transfer file was placed on the USB drive instead. Now the photos are gone but the document files were transferred.

Now I am unable to open the easy transfer file or obtain the photos. No error message is given when I try.

When I reboot I have an error message 0x80070002
Thanks
steve
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Dan :

Hi my name is Dan and I will be assisting you with your problem today!

Dr. Dan :

Sometimes when files don't successfully copy they are returned to the source

Dr. Dan :

Are the pictures still on the C:?

Customer :

The pictures are still on C: I was trying to copy the pictures from C: to my M: external drive which had all of the photos. The transfer removed the pictures from the M: drive and I am unable to retrive them.

Customer :

I lost internet service earlier.

Customer :

I lost internet service earlier. Yes the photos are still on C: I was attempting to transfer the documents and photos from C: to my M: external drive with more memory and with all of the photos. Easy transfer removed my photos and documents from M: and I guess they are in my easy transfer file but I am unable to open or find files.

Customer :

I gave up on the easy transfer and have used some old Dos tricks to copy and restore the files I needed.

Customer :

Thanks anyway

Dr. Dan :

Sure, I was going to recommend that instead of using easy transfer if you already have the files on your C:\ still you can just do a simple copy and paste or a move command and copy the files over

Dr. Dan :

You don't need third party software to transfer files as your operating system should be able to handle them just fine

Dr. Dan :

Have you been able to successfully transfer your file?

Dr. Dan :

files?

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If it did please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them below and I will gladly continue to assist you!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr Dan,

As I told you in my last email that after loosing on the internet I left to
run some a trip.

When I returned you were not available so I gave up on easy transfer and just copied and pasted the needed files.

Thank you anyway, I am sure with time and more information you could have solved the problem.

I really have no way to rate you since you never had a chance to try to fix the problem

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update