Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Our problem: We scan the bar code of equipment on our trucks.

Our problem: We scan the bar code of equipment on our trucks. This number appears in column A of our spreedsheet in the order that bar codes are scanned. Is there a command for column A to place the number beside it's match in column B? If not, any suggestions?
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

To clarify, you want the barcodes to be set next to the correct item which is listed in column B.

Is this correct? And if so, is there anyway to know what bar code in column A should like to column B?

Can I look at this spreadsheet?

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Richard. A short sample of what we're working with is under File ID #445524. When we scan the equip, the barcode is set in column A in random order. We would like them to appear beside their match in column B.

Thanks in advance.

ok, so basically the first column needs to have the same number as the second column Lise?

Can A be replaced with what is in B?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the numbers should match. We scan the bar codes on the equip (equip bar code; equip descript). The scanner drops the numbers in column A. We would like the column A numbers to find their 'match' in column B.

Thanks Lise

Then why do you not select all of Column B, then press CTRL + C (to copy it) then select all of Column A and press CTRL + V to paste the contents of column B to A.

As you just need to repeat the values of B in A as they will always match.

Is this not the easiest solution for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This would not let us know if the equipment is still on the truck.

This is now done for you

You can download it with file id: 154360

You click the Run button and it will match them correctly.

unmatched numbers are put at the bottom of the list (column A)

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I access the file Richard? Sorry, I've never been to this site. Do I use the wikisend link? Also, what you did for us with this file, can we copy something and apply it to our other spreadsheets?

I have done it via code.

To use it, you need to copy the data to the sheet (in the same Columns, run my button, then copy it back.

Here is a direct link to the file

http://www.wikisend.com/download/154360/

Click it, then download to download the excel file.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This works extremely well Richard. Is it possible to place the run command elsewhere? Column D is used to indicate the location of the equipment. An example is at file 106182. Excellent service btw.

Hi Lise,

You can right click the button once, then left click it and move it any where it allows you to.

I moved it to a new page on this version

http://wikisend.com/download/128576/EQUIP Scan Checksheet.xlsm

Good to hear it is what you need, and If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you