Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trained in Microsoft Office from 2000 through to latest version 2010.
65126503

Do you still have the IT163 final project? I need unit 8 and

Do you still have the IT163 final project? I need unit 8 and 9 if you can help that would be awesome I can send you the information on them.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, please send the information through so I can confirm the right project

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

It should be this one if I remember rightly....

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

yes it is but it needs to be in us $$ and I need this too

Unit 9 Project

Data driven decision making is how all companies make informed decisions today. This data is collected from a

variety of sources and venues. Then the data is placed into a database to be analyzed and used to create queries

and reports to be used by decision makers in the company.

Part of the job of a database administrator is to determine what type of database is best used depending on the

data collected and the information required.

Types of Database Management Systems: Hierarchical, Network, Relational, and Object-Oriented

Hierarchical Database:

A hierarchical database is organized in pyramid fashion, like the branches of a tree

extending downwards. Related fields or records are grouped together so that there are

higher-level records and lower-level records, just like the parents in a family tree sit

above the subordinated children.

Network Database:

Network Databases are similar to hierarchical databases by also having a hierarchical

structure. There are a few key differences, however. Instead of looking like an upsidedown tree, a network database looks more like a cobweb or interconnected network of

records. In network databases, children are called members and parents are

called owners. The most important difference is that each child or member can have

more than one parent (or owner).

Relational Database:

Relational databases work on the principle that each table has a key field that uniquely

identifies each row, and that these key fields can be used to connect one table of data to

another. Thus, one table might have a row consisting of a customer account number as

the key field along with address and telephone number.

Object-oriented Database:

An object-oriented database can be used to store data from a variety of media sources,

such as Yes/No resources (as seen above), photographs and text, and produce work, as

output, in a multimedia format.

Project 9 Scenario

You are the Database Administrator for “Data R Us” and you have been asked to

research a set of online databases and determine what type of database they are; based

of the four explanations of the DBMS above.

Note: some of the online databases below may or may not meet all the requirements of

a specific database, so use your best judgment – you are not being graded on correct

answers, rather how you organize your database for this project.

Research the following Online Databases:

The Internet Movie Database (IMDb): http://www.imdb.com/

The Internet Public Library (IPL): http://www.ipl.org/

The Yellow Pages: http://www.yellowpages.com/

Popular Search Engine: http://www.google.com

WebMD: http://www.webmd.com

You will develop a hypothesis that will help you to set up the criteria to determine the

type of database you are reviewing. Please consider the controls for this experiment the

definitions of each type of database provided above.

You will collect this information in a database, which you will create, that will contain one

table with the specifics of each database you reviewed. You will determine the fields in

your table based off of your hypothesis. Then you will do the following:

Create a table

Create a form based off that table (you will use this to enter the data you will

collect)

Run a report that will show the results of your experiment

Deliverables:

Word Document: containing your hypothesis and a detailed summary of your research of

the various online databases and a description of your hypothesis and the testing criteria

you used to make your determination as to the type of database it is.

Save as: Unit_9_Lastname.docx

Database: containing a table with the specifics of each test including the data you

collected, the form you created, and finally the report you ran to show the results of

your study. The grouping and sorting is up to you for your report.

Save as: Unit_9_Lastname.accdb

Unit 9 Assignment Scoring Guide

Project Requirements

Maximum Points Possible

for satisfactory completion

of task

Points

Earned By

Student

Word Document 0-30

Database 0-30

Total 0-60

Unit 9: Final Project (Due in Unit 10)

Note: This Final Project is Due in Unit 10

Outcomes addressed in this assignment

Develop a relational database

Course outcome:

IT163-2: Create relational databases with multiple tables.

IT163 Final Course Project: Household Inventory Database

Scenario

We have all seen or read the various reports, over the years, about how devastating a

natural disaster can be; whether it is a hurricane, flood, fire, earthquake, or tornado, the

results are devastating. Creating a home inventory is important and can be used to help

you reclaim what may be lost in a natural disaster.

For this final project you will be designing and developing a Household Inventory

Database (HID). You will be creating tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports.

You will be evaluated and graded on each area of your database, as shown in the

grading rubric, which is located on the last page of this assignment.

Deliverables

You will submit one (1) database to the Final Project Dropbox no later than 11:59pm ET

on Tuesday. Please ensure you name your database: Final_Project_Lastname.accdb

Step 1: Create Two Tables

Ensure you name your tables as shown

Table one: Inventory Item

*Serial Number Text Field (Primary Key)

Item Text Field

Description Memo Field

Condition Lookup Field (Excellent, Good, Fair,

etc.)

Date of

Purchase

Date Field (short date M/DD/YYYY)

Purchase Price Currency Field

Location Lookup Field (rooms in your house)

Note: Location areas to include

Living room – Kitchen – Office – Bedroom - Garage

Feel free to include other rooms as you need. However, those four should be

included and have items in those locations.

Table two: Manufacturer Info

Manufacturer Text Field

Model Text Field

Serial number Text Field

Warranty Boolean Field

(Yes/No)

Manufacturer URL Hyperlink

Step 2: Create a Form (This form will be used for data entry).

1. Create a form by selecting an AutoFormat and modify the form to make it userfriendly by adding a descriptive title. You can also modify the actual form layout, if

you like, as well.

a. Save the form as: Inventory Form

2. Enter at least 15 records. Make sure you have items in each of the rooms of your

house. This will be important for the queries and report you will design.

Step 3: Creating Relationships

1. Create a relationship between the two tables that links the Primary key to the

foreign key.

Step 4: Creating Queries

After you have completed entering in all the data, you will need to select and retrieve

the data in a variety of ways. The query object provides you with a way to select data

that meets the criteria you will set.

1. Use the Create Tab and select “Query Wizard”. Create a simple query that selects

item, manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, and location.

a. Save the query as: Room Items

2. In design view, add the Condition field to the query. Add a Selection Criteria to the

Location field so that only those records with the Location equal to “Living Room”

are displayed.

a. Save the query as: Living Room Items

3. Create a query that selects Items purchase, price and serial number

a. Save the query as: Item Price

Step 5: Create a Report

Create a report that will allow you to have a record of your inventory that includes only

the following: Item, Manufacturer, Model, and Purchase Price

1. Use the Report Wizard to create the report.

2. Modify the design so that the title is “Inventory Report” and all data and labels are

sized appropriately

3. Add totals by room and a grand totally to the report and add labels to the totals.

a. Save the report as: Inventory Report

Project Requirements Maximum Points

Points

Earned

Step 1: Create Two Tables 0-30

Step 2: Create Relationships 0-10

Step 3: Create a Form 0-30

Step 4: Create Three Queries 0-60

Step 5: Create a Report 0-20

Total 0-150

Steve Herrod :

Ok, when is that needed for?

Steve Herrod :

This is the amended database with $ instead of £

Steve Herrod :

so it should be just the project 9 files you need now?

Customer:

yes that is correct I need it by monday is that ok

Steve Herrod :

Yes, that's fine

Steve Herrod :

am hoping to have with you later today

Customer:

ok thank

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod :

Here are the unit 9 files

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Customer:

Im impressed! Thank you for all your help!

Experience: Trained in Microsoft Office from 2000 through to latest version 2010.