Sean S.
Sean S., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ years IT experience. A+, Net+, Security+ certified

when i opened my saved document of the french essay I was writing,

Customer Question

when i opened my saved document of the french essay I was writing, words were placed with chinese symobls. how do I fix this?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Sean S. replied 3 years ago.

Specialist Sean S. :

Good evening

Specialist Sean S. :

my name is Sean and I look forward to helping you

Specialist Sean S. :

The current time is 9:07 p.m. EST

Specialist Sean S. :

Please let me know which program you are using. If needed, I will be more than happy to remote connect to your computer and solve the issue for you

Specialist Sean S. :

I await your reply

JACUSTOMER-o6da0p5n- :

Hi Sean. It's actually a friend of mine, who is having these issues. The program is microsoft word.

Specialist Sean S. :

Okay. If the symbols were placed there on accident, you should be able to delete them (or I can delete them for you if preferred). If the letters/words being typed are in Chinese, please do the following to change the default editing language in Microsoft Word:

Specialist Sean S. :

Set the default editing language in Office

1. Open a Microsoft Office program, such as Word.
  2. Click the File tab.
  3. Click Options.
  4. Click Language.
  5. In the Set the Office Language Preferences dialog box, under Choose Editing Languages, select the editing language that you want to use, click the name of the language that you want to be the default language, click Set as Default.
  6. After you change the default editing language, you need to close all your Office programs, and then open them again for the change to take effect.
Specialist Sean S. :

Please let me know if this fixes the problem. If it does, please take a moment to rate me so I will receive credit. If it does not, please let me know. You can upload the file to if needed, and I can review the file from there.

Specialist Sean S. :

Hi, I was checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If not, please let me know and I will continue to help until you are satisfied. If so, please take a moment to rate my service (Please do not rate "poor" or "bad" without consulting with me first to discuss on what I can do to improve my service to you). Have a great day.