Cris
Cris, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Over 10yrs experience in Microsoft Office ranging from 2000-2010. Also similar products like OpenOffice.
10156100

Im trying to get rid of a footer permanently as Im working

I'm trying to get rid of a footer permanently as I'm working with a docx file that has field code view. The support for this program I'm working with told me to go to the "insert" tab and click footer and from there, there is an option to remove the footer. I dont' see it... I'm on Microsoft Office for MAC.

Any suggestions?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

What version of Word for Mac are you using? 2008, 2011?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2011

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
If you want to delete the headers or footers defined in your document, follow these steps:
  1. Position the mouse pointer in the section that has the header you want to delete.
  2. Display the Insert tab of the ribbon (at the top).
  3. In the Header & Footer group, click either Header or Footer, depending on which one you want to delete. Word displays a drop-down list of options.
  4. Click Edit Header or Edit Footer, depending on which tool you clicked in step 3. Word displays the header or footer along with the Design tab of the ribbon.
  5. Select the contents of the header or footer.
  6. Press the Del key, or press Ctrl+X.
  7. On the Design tab of the ribbon click on Close Header and Footer.

Let me know how you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Under the Insert ribbon, I don't see an option to edit...

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that I got mixed up between Mac and Windows.

On Mac do the following to remove the header.

1.On the View menu, click Print Layout.

2.In the document, double click the header or footer that you want to remove.

3.On the Edit menu, click Select All.

4.Press DELETE.

Let me know how you make out.
Cris, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience: Over 10yrs experience in Microsoft Office ranging from 2000-2010. Also similar products like OpenOffice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need to REMOVE the footer, not just the contents...

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
That is strange that is how you remove a footer in 2011 Word.

When you tried the above steps did the header not remove?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it just deleted the contents and the "Footer" still remains at the bottom if you double click or go to the View dropdown and click "Header Footer"...

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK, let me verify the steps on a Mac Word 2011 and will get back to you.