Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Have been using MS Office since Office XP and know VBA coding very well

How to prevent losing leading zeros and numbers being converted

How to prevent losing leading zeros and numbers being converted to scientific notation when importing an xml file into Excel 2007

JBryan42 :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. Please do not rate this session until it has been completed.

JBryan42 :

You would need to tell Excel that the data being imported is a string value. The easiest way to do that would be to insert quotes before and after each number.

I will try and advise.

JBryan42 :

Ok. Let me know if you run into any troubles.

I may have more question on this later

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Help. Need a script that can be used to repeatedly convert a fixed length field file to a tab delimited file. Once you respond I will send 3 files. I plan to upload the 3 files below to wikisend for you to download and use to create the script that can run on my laptop and eventually a win 2008 server. The 3 files to be sent are: 1. an instance of the fixed length file that needs to be parsed 2. the file layout document showing the length of each feild 3. the result desired - a tab delimited text file. I need a process that can be used over and over to convert the same fixed lengthed file format to the desired tab delimited result. Thanks. Jerry