The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support

Question 1 When you first open an Excel workbook, by default

Question 1
When you first open an Excel workbook, by default the program displays __________ blank worksheet(s).
A. 1

B. 2

C. 3

D. 4

Question 2
Which one of the following statements about an Active Cell in Microsoft Excel 2007 is NOT true?
A. The active cell is shaded in gray.

B. The active cell is bordered in black.

C. The active cell is ready to accept data.

D. The headings for its column and row is highlighted.
Question 3
You have just entered numbers in Cells A4, B4, C4, and D4 using the Tab key to move one cell to the right after entering each number. If you press Enter, which one of the following will occur?
A. The pointer will move to cell A5.

B. You will select cell E4.

C. The pointer will move to cell A4.

D. The pointer will move to cell D5.

Question 4

You are creating the headers for your columns in a new Excel Worksheet. One of the headers is twice as long as the width of the current cell. What will happen as a result?
A. Excel will not allow you to enter characters for which there is no room.

B. Excel will automatically merge the active cell with its neighboring cell to the right.

C. Excel will automatically adjust the width of the column to fit the text within the active cell.

D. The cell will contain the entire header but only the text that fits in the cell will show.

Question 5
You place the mouse pointer inside cell F5 and drag it backwards to F2 and select the four cells. What now appear in the Name Box as a result?
A. F2

B. F5

C. F2:F5

D. F2,F3,F4,F5

Question 6
The formula A1:A10 refers to:
A. cell labels A1 and A10.

B. all the cells in the rectangle, starting with A1 and ending with A10.

C. addition of the values in cells A1 and A10.

D. multiplication of the values in cells A1 and A10.

Question 7
The command button is used to:
A. add up the values in a particular cell range.

B. multiply the values in a particular cell range.

C. create your own formula outside of the default functions.

D. type numbers within a cell that will function as labels.

Question 8
Which selection below represents a SUM formula that would appear in the formula bar?
A. =SUM(E1+E5)

B. E1:E5

C. =SUM(E1:E5)

D. SUM=(E1+E5)

Question 9
You want to copy the previous SUM function you created for the row above. What shortcut key combination will accomplish this? (Note that the + symbol simply serves as connector between the two keys.)
A. Ctrl and C

B. Alt and =

C. Ctrl and =

D. Ctrl and +

Question 10
You have the numbers 4, 6, and 10 inside cells F1, F2, and F3. The three cells are added together using the SUM formula to the total of 20 in cell F4. You go back to cell F1 and change the number to 14. What key will you have to press in order to get Excel to calculate the new total in cell F4?
A. + key

B. = key

C. SUM Button

D. Enter Key

Question 11
You are working on cell X57 in a large Excel Worksheet. You need to navigate back to cell A1. What would be the easiest way to get to that cell?
A. Press Ctrl + Home.

B. Press Alt + Home.

C. Press the Cell Start command button.

D. Press the Cell Origin command button.

Question 12
A Column Chart can be used to illustrate the:
A. data points that make up a formula.

B. data points located within multiple rows.

C. data points located within multiple columns.

D. comparisons among related numbers.

Question 13
What type of information is displayed in the x-axis?
A. The data that makes up the x-axis

B. Column charts

C. Category labels

D. The legend

Question 14
You are currently looking at a chart made in Excel. To find out what the different colors used within the chart mean, you can look at the:
A. category labels.

B. x-axis information.

C. data markers.

D. legend.

Question 15
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

1. C
2. A
3. A
4. B
5. B
6. B
7. C
8. C
9. A
10. D
11. A
12. D
13. C
14. D
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was a total of 20 questions and for some reason they didnt copy over can I please sned you the other 5 questions

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
yes, go ahead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You want to select a chart format that will configure the title, legend, label, and columns all in one. This is done by selecting a __________ within Excel 2007.

A. chart style
B. chart layout
C. design layout
D. design style

You are trying to decide between flat or beveled columns for a chart you are creating within Excel 2007. What tool do you access to select each of these alternatives to see how they look?

A. Styles gallery
B. Chart gallery
C. Styles layout
D. Chart layout

Which key combination will display your Excel worksheet in Print Preview?

A. Ctrl + F1
B. Ctrl + F2
C. Ctrl + P
D. Ctrl + PP

There are multiple worksheet tabs that appear at the bottom of your worksheet. You would like to delete the empty worksheets before saving the project. How do you select multiple worksheets at one time in order to delete them?

A. Drag the mouse pointer over all of the non-used worksheet tabs.
B. Click one of the empty worksheet tabs and click the remainder while holding the Alt key.
C. Click one of the empty worksheet tabs and click the remainder while holding the Ctrl key.
D. Click the Worksheet Dialog box in the Worksheet Tab group and choose empty worksheets.

What is the importance of scaling in Excel 2007?

A. Ensures that the category labels are properly scaled to the size of the chart
B. Ensures that the legend is properly scaled to the size of the chart
C. Adjusts the size of category labels to fit in the legend area
D. Adjusts the size of the printed worksheet to fit on one page

Which of the following descriptors would not be included in the Document Properties of an Excel Worksheet?

A. Chart style
B. Author
C. Keywords
D. Title

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
15. C
16. C
17. B
18. C
19. D
20. A

or all of the answers including the one from before

1. C
2. A
3. A
4. B
5. B
6. B
7. C
8. C
9. A
10. D
11. A
12. D
13. C
14. D
15. C
16. C
17. B
18. C
19. D
20. A
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support