Cris
Cris, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Over 10yrs experience in Microsoft Office ranging from 2000-2010. Also similar products like OpenOffice.

I bought Microsoft Office home and student for my desktop -2007-

I bought Microsoft Office home and student for my desktop -2007- and would to install it in on the lap top I just bought. The copy says it is good for three home PC. How do I proceed?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

ITCris :

Hi

ITCris :

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

ITCris :

Hi, are you with me?

Customer:

Yes cr

ITCris :

With a 3 user subscription you can activate 3 PC's using the same product key.

Using the disc install the software on the 2nd PC. When prompted for product key enter the one you were given.

You then have more PC you can activate with your product key.

Customer:

Problem...no disc drive on this device.

ITCris :

OK, what you will then have to do is copy all the files off the disc on another PC onto a flash drive.

Then plug the flash drive into the PC with no drive to install the software.

Customer:

Review: copy my original product disc onto my desk top and then to a flash drive and then install to this lap top. Correct?

ITCris :

You don't have to copy the content of the disc onto the desktop.

1) Plug a flash drive to your PC should be at least 4GB flash drive.

2) Open My Computer and then right click on the CD Drive to view the files.

3) Select all the files and then right click to Copy.

4) Go back to My Computer and the flash drive should be listed as drive then open it.

5) You can make a folder if not paste the content onto the Flash drive.

6) When done remove and plug into the second PC, open the flash drive and double click on the file setup.exe to start the install.

ITCris :

Are you attempting the steps now?

Customer:

Cris: I'm new at this laptop stuff-a nontraditional learner- so I will go get a FD and my grandson who understands all this and be taught by a 20 year old. I did write all of your instructions down the old fashioned way. Thanks for your help.

Cris, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience: Over 10yrs experience in Microsoft Office ranging from 2000-2010. Also similar products like OpenOffice.