ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

My Microsoft office starter 2010 is not working. First it said

Customer Question

My Microsoft office starter 2010 is not working. First it said Microsoft Excel Starter
2010 cannot be opened. Check your internet connection, and then try again. So I
went into the control panel and did something. Now is says microsoft excel starter
2010 cannot be opened. Try again or repair the product in control panel. Apparently
I don't know how.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

ChrisC :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to help you today!

ChrisC :

Yeah it sounds like a repair is in order. No worries. though it isnt that hard to do

ChrisC :

All I need to know is what version of Windows you are running and I can walk you through it

ChrisC :

If you are unsure of what version of Windows you have I can help with that too!

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

windows 7

ChrisC :

ok great!

ChrisC :

Heres what you do. Go to start and choose control panel

ChrisC :

Once in control panel choose "uninstall a program"

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

done

ChrisC :

Locate your version of Office in the list and click it once

ChrisC :

Then up at the top youll see a button that says change

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

done

ChrisC :

One of the options in the window that pops up will be repair

ChrisC :

Choose that and then let it run through the process

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

i'm there

ChrisC :

Ok choose repair

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

chris, I don't see your answer

ChrisC :

Are you seeing this?

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

Chris, I don't see your answer

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

I'M THERE

JACUSTOMER-advy422o- :

WAITING FOR REPAIR TO FINISH

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
We seem to be having some issues with chat. Can you see this reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'M STILL TRYING TO REPAIR OFFICE STARTER. SO FAR NO ACCESS HAS BEEN ENABLED

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry about the issue. Chat seems to have malfunctioned. Tell me, how would you feel about me just logging in remotely and fixing this for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Ok heres what you do:

Go to join.me by clicking here
Click the orange play button
Install the program. Once it is installed you will see a code at the top of the screen that looks like xxx-xxx-xxx
Reply to me with that code and Ill jump right in :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have acces to my excel starter files now. However, I clicked on the free trial button and I want to cancel that. my credit card was already tapped and we weren't even finished. That's a system problem not you.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
If you would like to have just this question but not the subscription I can certainly make sure that is canceled. What I can do is after you rate on this question Ill send it over to customer service and they will make sure you dont have the subscription.

Fair enough?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i rebooted my laptop and now the starter excel is not reponding. it's bee n almost 2 hours since we started. very fru

strating

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am still willing to take remote access if youd like. Did you see my instructions for doing that above?