Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP; Microsoft Office, etc.

In Word, Excel and Powerpoint the software crashes everytime

In Word, Excel and Powerpoint the software crashes everytime I go to the file tab. This means I can't open, save or print anything. This is now already for a week.
I have tried quite a number of solutions. I did the repair option for Office 2010. The default printer is set to a standard pdf printer. I have disabled all add-ins.
The software does work properly in safe mode.

Please let me know what I can do to use the software normally.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the Office issue. Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the Office program yet? Please try the following:

Please download and install the Revo Uninstaller program at
, then open it, and select the Microsoft office program..., then click on Uninstall
, then select the Advanced option , then select all whenever prompted, and delete and confirm
, then restart the computer, and download and reinstall Office.

Note: if you do not have your office 2010 software disk (or download) or office 2010 product key, then don't try my suggestion yet, but reply back and let me know. Also, let me know if you have windows xp, vista, or 7.

If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard to get the Run... box, then type sfc /scannow and click OK, and wait for it to finish, then restart the computer and check.

If needed, please download and install the CCleaner software at the website:
; click on "Download Latest Version" on the right
, then open it and run both the Cleaner and Registry options.
, then restart the computer and check.

Please reply if there is still any issue, so I can help further. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already did the uninstall and re-install previously but that didn't work. Also cleaned the register. Still the same problem.

I'm sorry, can you go to Start, control panel, user accounts, then create a new administrator account, then restart the computer and log in the new account, then do office programs work fine in the new account? Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A new user account seems to work.

Great. The previous account is corrupted. In the new account, go to Start, Computer, then C: drive, then Users folder, then open the old account folder go to each subfolder you want, such as Documents, Pictures, Favorites, Desktop, Videos, Music, etc., and transfer your files over to similar location of the new account.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks, XXXXX XXXXX do that. It is a lot of GB so it will take a couple of hours.

You're welcome. It should be quick; you move (cut and paste, not copy and paste), so it should be faster. Please take your time. Thank you